What is a closed cervix caused from?

Posted , 8 users are following.

My lining is double the thickness it should be for a post menopausal woman. I went for a hystero scope today and D&C at hospital. I as well have fibroids and cyst in rt. Ovary. Have been going 4 times a year (three years now) for vaginal ultrasounds to keep eye on them. I'm terribly confused and dissappointed the procedure today could not be done. Was told my cervix is flat. Could not get inside to do D&C or hyster oscopy. Will talk further about what's next in few weeks. Very concerned why I couldn't be dialate today. Anybody ever hear of this or go through it?

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kathleen

I had to go for a d an c about 6 yrs ago following a bleed an went under anaesthetic when I came around I was told that it could not be done as my cervix was closed tightly I was sent recently for a scan following the death of my Auntie from Ovarian cancer as I requested this due to unusual pains . The scan came back that my womb was getting very thick so I had to get an hysteroscopy this week an was told that I have to wait until 17th August for my results After leaving my apt I wished I would of asked what makes your womb thicken and why as I do not know x U take care an lots of love x

• Posted

Kathleen, how can they do a hysteroscopy if they can't get cervix to open? 

Please explain how they did thatmy cervix is also closed and 9mm lining I have finally get bisopy done on Aug 11 under General. I been dealing with this now for two months

• Posted

Hi Carolrd...I didn't have the hysteroscopy. Nor the D&C. Very very dissappointing after the pretest a week before. I will discuss what next options are on Aug. 18th. Thank you for asking. How are they getting a biopsy if your cervix is closed?

• Posted

Hi Sue....so did you have the hysteroscopy? If so...how ? I thought u had a closed cervix.
    • Posted

My gyn said he can "dialate it" and he said there is an opening somewhere and he can follow through with a camera now if he is talking about the cericx tunnel I'm not sure. He's doing that as out patient in  OR Aug 11th. He said he can also give you a pill like they give pregnant women that will open up the uterus thats if he would of tried again in the office. Now he did say he has had 4 cases where he could NOT get to the uterus and had to refer them out somewhere. 

• Posted

Hi carol...yes I've read online about taking a pill the week before surgery. Hoping it's just that easy. I will find out options Aug. 18th. Ugh...hate waiting game. Thanks for letting me know about the pill. Keep in touch!

• Posted

Well he didnt give me the pill he said it was an option if he did it in the office.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.