What is everyone using for toothpaste?

Posted , 21 users are following.

The only thing I can tolerate is children's bubblgum. I can't use cinnamon or any kind of mint.. I'd like to use something that might help the OLP. Any ideas?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Couldn’t use my regular sensodine the periodontist suggested I try baking soda' but it burned too. So I bought some children’s toothpaste now.

• Posted

My husband had the same issues. Sensodyne for children was ok, but I made the homemade as above not just baking soda and all good, much better for you.
  • Posted

I use Children’s bubblegum toothpaste too
  • Posted

I was diagnosed as suffering lichen planus on my gums a couple of years ago.

It got to the stage where I couldn't clean my teeth without a mouth full of blood.

Decided to try Oral B Gum & Enamel repair toothpaste after seeing it advertised.

Worked through a couple of days of burning sensation whilst cleaning my teeth. Now 4 weeks on still using it, no burning. The bleeding stopped almost immediately. My gums look and feel so much better and no sore patches. I really hope that this progress continues. Early days but just felt I should share. Could be a coincidence but who knows. It is minty but hope if you can try it, that you find it as good as I have.

• Posted

Hello Froggy , OraNurse  unflavored toothpaste is good for OLP....
  • Posted

Have you tried Tea Tree Oil toothpaste you can get it at a health food store, it really works, I had a bad flare up had to have 6 biopsy’s in my mouth it was painful my dermatologist told me to use it and it works, Good Luck, this is not a fun disease but this will help
  • Posted

My doctor prescribed me Peridex toothpaste which helps but I started using Neem Toothpaste and it seriously helps. I do coconut oil pulling which is gargling coconut oil for 20 minutes prior to brushing and that helps with the inflammation.

• Posted

Hi

My doctor at the dental hospital in London recommended the 2 following toothpastes for OLP.

1. Sensodyne Pronamel

2. Kingfisher Toothpaste

Toothpastes should be SLS free .

I hope this helps. I've luckily not needed to use them as I manage with a very good Aloe Vera toothpaste.

• Posted

I use Parodontax works fantastic plus Dexamethasone as mouth wash 4 times a day. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.