WHAT IS HAPPING TO ME? PERIMENOPAUSE BUT FEEL PREGNANT!

Posted , 12 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

HELLO EVERYONE. I AM NEW HERE AND AM HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND THIS FORUM. I AM 53, SOON TO BE 54. I AM VERY ACTIVE, GENERALLY GOOD HEALTH, A BUSINESS OWNER AND WORK 60+ HOURS A WEEK. IM A MOM AND GRANDMA OF MANY AND HAVE A VERY BUSY LIFE. IVE ALWAYS HAD REGULAR PERIODS UNTIL THE PAST YEAR OR SO WHERE THEY HAVE BECOME A LITTLE CLOSER TOGETHER, VERY HEAVY, ETC. (AS IF A NORMAL ONE IN A NORMAL MONTH ISNT ENOUGH!) MY LAST PERIOD WAS JULY. HER WE ARE IN OCTOBER AND THE MYRIAD OFMSYMPTOMS IMHAVE BENN EXPERIENCING ARE HORRENDOUS. I FEEL LIKE SOMETHING HAS INVADED MY FORMER SELF AND TAKEN OVER,,,ANXIOUSNESS LIKE IVE NEVER EXPERIENCED WITH INTERNAL TREMORS, SHAKING, FEARFULNESS, WORRY, LACK OF INTERST IN SO MANY THINGS, SLEEP ISSUES, CRAMPINESS, BACK PAIN, IRRITABILITY, ANGER, SADNESS, CRYING AND EMOTIONAL OVER EVERYTHING, HEART PALPITATIONS, OH THE HOT FLASHES LIKE I NEED TO BE EXTIGUISHED!, FORGETFULNESS AND FOGINESS, BLOATING, ZERO INTEREST IN SEX, UNRELENTING FATIGUE, THE LIST GOES ON AND ON. THE LAST  3-4 MONTHS HAVE BEEN FRIGHTENING ON MANY LEVELS. I JUST "FEEL WEIRD AND OUTSIDE OF MYSELF". IM NOT SUR IF THE MISSING OF PERIODS HAS ME CONVINCED THAT IM PREGNANT OR WHAT BUT JUST THERE MERE THOUGHT OF A BABY AT THIS STAGE IN MY LIFE IS TERRIFYING AND CANNOT HAPPEN. I TOOK A HPT 3WEEKS AGO AND IT WAS NEGATIVE (TOOK ME A MONTH TO GATHER THE COURAGE TO BUY ONE AND TAKE IT)...I FEEL LIKE IVE BEEN LIVING IN A NIGHTMARE. CAN ANYONE RELATE OR HAVE ANY ADVICE? I AM HOPING TO FIND COMFORT HERE AND MAYBE HELP SOMEONE ELSE WITH SIMILAR ISSUES. THANK YOU FOR READING AND I WELCOME ALL THOUGHTSsmile

1 like, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi all I can say is Yes. I’m 53, 3 years post menopause and I feel exactly the same. Just started HRT. X
    • Posted

Yes.... suffering terrible nausea now just like when I was pregnant x
    • Posted

I'm sorry. Why must this be such a long drawn out affair? Have you been on hrt long enough to see any results?

• Posted

Hi I’ve only been taking it for 6 days so early days yet.
    • Posted

Keep me posted as to whether or not you get some relief. I hope it eases some of you symptoms and you feel better.
    • Posted

I think it’s already stopped the heart palpitations. I want it to work instantly but think it’s going to take a few weeks for the flushes and other stuff. X
    • Posted

Instant gratification would be wonderful bit still... we wait
    • Posted

Hi Julie

An update..... went to docs yday and got some anti sickness tablets as I have been feeling so sick and unable to eat. He says to give the HRT another week and go back if I’m not seeing any great improvements. I think the flushes are less frequent now. Still feel dreadful !! Xx

• Posted

And I told the doc that I feel just like I did when I was pregnant xx
  • Posted

Hi Julie the best way I can describe Peri it’s like pregnancy and puberty mixed together the symptoms of both are so similar to Peri! I’m almost 49 and the symptoms started when I was 41 and they were subtle now the last three years ughhhh!!! I just keep hoping it will end soon!!! I too skipped July aug and sept with periods and just had one in October I was hoping I would go the twelve months without it then your considered in menopause your not going crazy so many woman on here are going thru the same if not worse the crazy thing is you just don’t know what your going to get day by day! I just want to feel normal again.....it sucks.....hang in there and keep posting we are all in this together 
    • Posted

This is a bizarre world we women must endure with all the hormonal stuff. Am I crazy for thinking I could be pregnant? Its a truly frightening prospect.. I'm well over 50 and the chances have to be slim to none???...I actually had super, super light pink bleeding when my period should have come the first week of this month.  would that be just my body trying to produce one during these last hurrah years? I've been scared cradles. Lol!

• Posted

I have had pink spotting up till getting a period even the color of the blood is different then it was years ago!!!!! I used to be a nurse so you can only imagine what goes thru my head! I keep ginger ale and emetrol for when the nausea is bad just comes out of no where I have allergies never had them they are a part of Peri as well!!!! I know someday we will look back on this grateful it’s over until then at least we all have each other 
    • Posted

I'm sure your knowledge as a former nurse can cause your mind to wander and let scary things creep in as can surfing the internet for answers. Yikes. You can start thinking you have everything from cancer to a baby on the way. Ridiculous! Yes, hanging together and sharing thoughts and concerns and receiving feedback and support certainly is needed and provides a sense of "I am not alone"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.