WHAT IS HAPPING TO ME? PERIMENOPAUSE BUT FEEL PREGNANT!

Posted , 12 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

HELLO EVERYONE. I AM NEW HERE AND AM HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND THIS FORUM. I AM 53, SOON TO BE 54. I AM VERY ACTIVE, GENERALLY GOOD HEALTH, A BUSINESS OWNER AND WORK 60+ HOURS A WEEK. IM A MOM AND GRANDMA OF MANY AND HAVE A VERY BUSY LIFE. IVE ALWAYS HAD REGULAR PERIODS UNTIL THE PAST YEAR OR SO WHERE THEY HAVE BECOME A LITTLE CLOSER TOGETHER, VERY HEAVY, ETC. (AS IF A NORMAL ONE IN A NORMAL MONTH ISNT ENOUGH!) MY LAST PERIOD WAS JULY. HER WE ARE IN OCTOBER AND THE MYRIAD OFMSYMPTOMS IMHAVE BENN EXPERIENCING ARE HORRENDOUS. I FEEL LIKE SOMETHING HAS INVADED MY FORMER SELF AND TAKEN OVER,,,ANXIOUSNESS LIKE IVE NEVER EXPERIENCED WITH INTERNAL TREMORS, SHAKING, FEARFULNESS, WORRY, LACK OF INTERST IN SO MANY THINGS, SLEEP ISSUES, CRAMPINESS, BACK PAIN, IRRITABILITY, ANGER, SADNESS, CRYING AND EMOTIONAL OVER EVERYTHING, HEART PALPITATIONS, OH THE HOT FLASHES LIKE I NEED TO BE EXTIGUISHED!, FORGETFULNESS AND FOGINESS, BLOATING, ZERO INTEREST IN SEX, UNRELENTING FATIGUE, THE LIST GOES ON AND ON. THE LAST  3-4 MONTHS HAVE BEEN FRIGHTENING ON MANY LEVELS. I JUST "FEEL WEIRD AND OUTSIDE OF MYSELF". IM NOT SUR IF THE MISSING OF PERIODS HAS ME CONVINCED THAT IM PREGNANT OR WHAT BUT JUST THERE MERE THOUGHT OF A BABY AT THIS STAGE IN MY LIFE IS TERRIFYING AND CANNOT HAPPEN. I TOOK A HPT 3WEEKS AGO AND IT WAS NEGATIVE (TOOK ME A MONTH TO GATHER THE COURAGE TO BUY ONE AND TAKE IT)...I FEEL LIKE IVE BEEN LIVING IN A NIGHTMARE. CAN ANYONE RELATE OR HAVE ANY ADVICE? I AM HOPING TO FIND COMFORT HERE AND MAYBE HELP SOMEONE ELSE WITH SIMILAR ISSUES. THANK YOU FOR READING AND I WELCOME ALL THOUGHTSsmile

1 like, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Julie, I'm 47 and have all the symptoms you describe (have had on and off for 18 months) and I have a 7 year old son. So much of how I feel now was how I felt when pregnant - and i remember it well as it wasnt long ago!! I feel sick and dizzy a lot and its just like morning sickness. You are absolutely not alone feeling this way!! I hope it eases for you - i feel like a shadow of myself and feel all this has to be a perimenopause thing. Youve achieved so much already , you'll get through this! Annie-Mae xx

• Posted

Thank you Annie. Just talking to someone helps tremendously. You said you feel like a shadow of yourself and it took the words right out of my mouth.  its been scary to the point of people literally saying, "are you ok? You aren't your happy self lately."  I've never had anxiety in my life and what I've experienced lately is truly odd. Thanks for caring and I hope things go well for you.. Talk anytime.

• Posted

Oh yes I can relate !!! I am exactly the same as you even had my last period in July, but I'm 48🙁 I'm hoping it will mean it finishes early 😪

• Posted

Do you still have the period symptoms even though you don't have a period?

• Posted

Hi Julie ... I’ve been experiencing all the same symptoms over the past year I’m 54 and also have the same feelings like my body don’t belong to me I cry at everything and anything , one minute I’m on a high then bang I’m right down in the dump I also work long shifts and sometimes don’t know how I get through the day , my period was absent for 8 months I checked to make sure I wasn’t pregnant on many occasions because like you I was getting all the symptoms and the thought of being pregnant at this stage of my life filled me with dread ... but then this week I’ve had a horrendous period so heavy , my body don’t know if it’s coming or going and as for my mind I feel like I’m a crazy woman not sure how my partner puts up with me ... I’ve been taking ground flaxseeds on my breakfast each morning which I think helps a bit well I’m told it does so giving it go ... I’ve had palpitations headaches shaky feelings anxious about absolutely everything so negative.. feel I’m being punished .... not sure what for , I’ve tryed to explain to my gp how I was feeling he took a blood test which confirmed I was in the perimenopause... sometimes I feel so down I don’t even want to be on this planet I told the gp who straight away wanted to give me antidepressants to which I refused so can completely relate to how you feel .... I think they should do groups of menopause women who can meet for coffee mornings .... can imagine if they got the coffees wrong up roar from a group of mad women .... keep going Julie think we have a good few years of feeling crazy yet x
    • Posted

Oh heavens I feel for you and can so relate. I don't even understand why all this has to happen. I also feel as if I'm being punished. Trying so hard to be normal and continue my very dedicated mom and grandma role but I'm truly and utterly exhausted and overwhelmed. Day to day I guess. Good for you for avoiding the antidepressants if possible... not a fan. You, hang in there ,too and message me any time. Thanks

• Posted

Thankyou Julie , just spent the morning with the grandkids and feel like I’ve done a marathon ... I am also feeling exhausted most days never been one to sit around but lately wanting to ... but need to fight this horriable journey in life 
    • Posted

Amazing what we have on our plates any given day as women, huh? We should all be wearing wonder woman tiaras!
    • Posted

Or badges with perimenopause don’t p**s us off lol x
  • Posted

You sound like me-- I could have written this myself.
    • Posted

Hi Michelle. I'm sorry anyone has to feel this way. Can I ask your age? Have you, too felt like you could be pregnant?

• Posted

Thanks, and you too.  I'm 54 in December. Never crossed my mind that I could be pregnant but that's because of my age and knowing I'm not ovulating. It would be so much easier if we only had to suffer a few symptoms at a time, rather than be hit with what feels like all of them at once.

• Posted

Hi Julie..... Oh my welcome to the club lol.... I'm 52 and been in this rollercoaster ride for about 5months now, thinking I was just crazy.... Until I joined the group and found I was actually normal lol... So I take woman's multivitamin and magnesium tablets and just started taking remifin plus a natural menopause tablet. I have no hit flushes ir night sweats, touch wood but most other symptoms you described..... And every one one here has..... We'll just hang in there and ride it through as best we can and support each other...... Have a great day....

• Posted

Yesterday I came from work, I work 6-845 am before school at a school and came home to finish my table( I upcycle furniture) as I stepped in I felt a tone of bricks crashing in on me!!!! I was so sleepy and tired I had to go lie down and only woke up at 11 30 am lol..... When I got up it felt as if someone stuffed cottonwool in my head and ears.... Totally disorientated and weird...... So I thought bugger this I'm gonna just chill and watch a movie.... Which I did and another one after that lol... I had no strength or focus what so ever..... I managed to put a nice meal together for hubby and me and off to bed at 8pm.....wow so not me!!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.