WHAT IS HAPPING TO ME? PERIMENOPAUSE BUT FEEL PREGNANT!

Posted , 12 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

HELLO EVERYONE. I AM NEW HERE AND AM HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND THIS FORUM. I AM 53, SOON TO BE 54. I AM VERY ACTIVE, GENERALLY GOOD HEALTH, A BUSINESS OWNER AND WORK 60+ HOURS A WEEK. IM A MOM AND GRANDMA OF MANY AND HAVE A VERY BUSY LIFE. IVE ALWAYS HAD REGULAR PERIODS UNTIL THE PAST YEAR OR SO WHERE THEY HAVE BECOME A LITTLE CLOSER TOGETHER, VERY HEAVY, ETC. (AS IF A NORMAL ONE IN A NORMAL MONTH ISNT ENOUGH!) MY LAST PERIOD WAS JULY. HER WE ARE IN OCTOBER AND THE MYRIAD OFMSYMPTOMS IMHAVE BENN EXPERIENCING ARE HORRENDOUS. I FEEL LIKE SOMETHING HAS INVADED MY FORMER SELF AND TAKEN OVER,,,ANXIOUSNESS LIKE IVE NEVER EXPERIENCED WITH INTERNAL TREMORS, SHAKING, FEARFULNESS, WORRY, LACK OF INTERST IN SO MANY THINGS, SLEEP ISSUES, CRAMPINESS, BACK PAIN, IRRITABILITY, ANGER, SADNESS, CRYING AND EMOTIONAL OVER EVERYTHING, HEART PALPITATIONS, OH THE HOT FLASHES LIKE I NEED TO BE EXTIGUISHED!, FORGETFULNESS AND FOGINESS, BLOATING, ZERO INTEREST IN SEX, UNRELENTING FATIGUE, THE LIST GOES ON AND ON. THE LAST  3-4 MONTHS HAVE BEEN FRIGHTENING ON MANY LEVELS. I JUST "FEEL WEIRD AND OUTSIDE OF MYSELF". IM NOT SUR IF THE MISSING OF PERIODS HAS ME CONVINCED THAT IM PREGNANT OR WHAT BUT JUST THERE MERE THOUGHT OF A BABY AT THIS STAGE IN MY LIFE IS TERRIFYING AND CANNOT HAPPEN. I TOOK A HPT 3WEEKS AGO AND IT WAS NEGATIVE (TOOK ME A MONTH TO GATHER THE COURAGE TO BUY ONE AND TAKE IT)...I FEEL LIKE IVE BEEN LIVING IN A NIGHTMARE. CAN ANYONE RELATE OR HAVE ANY ADVICE? I AM HOPING TO FIND COMFORT HERE AND MAYBE HELP SOMEONE ELSE WITH SIMILAR ISSUES. THANK YOU FOR READING AND I WELCOME ALL THOUGHTSsmile

1 like, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Julie!

I had a hysterectomy 16 yrs ago but kept my ovaries, so no periods for ages, obviously. But bc I kept my ovaries every darn month I would experience bloating, cramping, nausea, mood swings etc. I felt like I had pms and being pregnant all at once, I never worried about pregnancy bc of no uterus but if I had had one I would have really been freaking out. I'm 49 and have entered into the stage of my ovaries having their last party. Four years ago I went thru the hot flashes and night sweats and I thought I was done. How wrong I was, this past July I started with what I thought was a yeast infection, 2 solid months of being told it was yeast then bv, then yeast.. i finally went to a gyno (after 16 yrs, I have nothing to test so why bother) and was told I was post menopausal and had VA and stage 2 bladder prolapse, could have knocked me over with a feather since I never had issues. I was started on Estrace Cream for the dryness and atrophy, it's been over a month now and it's working for those issues but has brought back all my other symptoms of peri, cramping, dizziness, nausea, clumsiness, brain fog, anxiety, insomnia, etc. It's a crazy rollercoaster ride, and I want off lol! Just hang in there and take it day by day..

You're not alone and defiantly not crazy! There is no shame in therapy if you need it and also getting second and third opinions if you don't like your GP. Keep us posted!

Big hugs!!

• Posted

Hi Gigi. Thanks so much for your thoughts.. sounds like you have had your fair share. Its all almost overwhelming sometimes, huh?
  • Posted

Omg I am 51 and I feel like I am dieing of a terminal illness, I feel awful. My last period was January. I have pain in my left shoulder, centre of chest, I feel weird all the time and don’t want to do a thing either, I hope this ends soon.
  • Posted

So sorry you are feeling this way. I called into work today because I just needed a day. Plus I am trying to sell my house and I'm worried about the plumbing. Something I really can't afford to fix at this point. It's funny though, the other ladies I work with are in peri(won't admit it though, one 46, the other 44) and I'm 58. They're just beginning and I hope I'm almost done. But when I have days like this I wonder........ I haven't gotten out of bed. Well at least the cat is in bed with me. I've decided to spend most of the praying. You will get through it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.