What is this craziness???

Posted , 12 users are following.

Here I am again like a broken record but just don't know what to do. I woke up today nervous and jumpy. I was so nervous that I made my heart race and called the paramedics. I felt fine once they got to me which in turn made me feel like a crazy person yet again. I have called the paramedics or ran to the ER so many times that I'm scared they won't come when I really need them. I just can't help it. When these crazy feelings come on the anxiety just overwhelms me. The fluttering in my chest, the internal tremors, weird head feelings, the flu feelings, the fluctuating body temperatures is just all overwhelming. Today I just can't seem to shake this nervous and jittery feeling. I ended up turning around to come back home on my way to work. I just didn't want my coworkers to see me acting like a crazy lady today.

.......I really needed to get that off my chest. Hope you ladies are fairing ok out there. I just want to feel like me again....

5 likes, 93 replies

93 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I thought that was me writing that I would have added blurred vision and light sensitivity I've been like that for the past 18 months I'm 42 btw docs sent me for menopause test which came back negative but all the symptoms pointed to Peri so they put me on HRT patches took them 3 attempts tho for them to decide I was on the correct ones half of the male docs don't know what their talking about useless anyway I've decided to come off them as they made me so tired I couldn't function also heavy head and electric shocks in my head very unpleasant going to try promensil double strength as they have good reviews I'm sorry I'm not much help it's the worst feeling that this all day every day feeling like today is your last day I've also been having thoughts wondering if my kids will be ok if I'm not here health anxiety is through the roof anyway I really do feel for you I wish I was male lol
    • Posted

Thank you,

I'm 38 and all this madness started about 3 months ago. It's been a scary roller coaster ride ever since. I was told by a doc at the ER that it was anxiety and I needed to talk to a psych. I was highly upset when I left. I'm sure it was some anxiety but I know what I was feeling physically. It getting hard to keep my job as I'm either not going or leaving early. I'm at the point now that I don't like being alone afraid of what will happen to me. My family is good about talking me through the panic and fight the urge to go the ER. I feel like I get a new symptom everyday. I'm noticing though that the closer it gets to my menses the crazier the symptoms get. My last two menses was weird for me. I bled less, wasn't on as many days as I usually am, and very minimal cramping. I just want to feel like me again. I really appreciate your reply. Helps me to feel I'm not alone.

• Posted

I have had the same happening to me. Anxiety so bad, it felt like my brain was doing somersaults. Depression to the max. Never thought anyone could feel this hopeless; felt like everyday was my last. I even discussed with my kids (age 27, 21, 17) what would/should happen once I am gone. 

It felt SO REAL!!!! Hard to think that hormones can make you feel so bad. Luckily the anxiety has gotten better for most days and I hope it does not come back. I don't know if I can do this again....

• Posted

The anxiety is the worse for me. It seems like the nervousness and jitters just come out of nowhere and then boom I go into an anxiety attack. Every symptom makes me nervous. I get a hundred things racing through my mind thinking I am seriously ill. I have been told about menopause but no one ever told me about all these crazy symptoms that you can go through.
    • Posted

As i enetered meno i had the blurred vision and light sensitivity it was really bad, i'm glad tobsay the light sensitivity isnt as bad now x
    • Posted

How long did you have badly focused eyes and light sensitity for as I feel like it's going on forever also did you take anything for it
    • Posted

I also hate being alone and I used to love my own company
    • Posted

Me too. I was always considered the strong one who had it all together. I feel like I'm coming apart at the seams now. I have become so distant and changed so much and didn't realize it. I guess I just felt like none of my girl friends was going through this so they would have no clue. So I keep away from outings now scared that I will panic in front of them. I stay in or only go out with my immediate family or go to work and take my kid to school. I've become such and introvert. I've lost a ton of weight which I needed to do anyway, but I've had to change my diet so that I could cope with some of the symptoms. The feeling like food is stuck or can't get enough air just turns me off from eating. I just want some relief so something can still feel normal.
    • Posted

It was for a few months for the light sensitivity but my eyes lost their focus to the extent that i suddenly needed reading glasses
    • Posted

That's exactly the same for me I now need glasses it seems this nightmare will never end nice to know tho there's light at the end of the tunnel x
    • Posted

buy cute glasses!  I used to be able to read the most miniscule letters on anything...since menopause, I'm blind as a bat.  But I did buy cute glasses.  Hang in there, it wil end smile
    • Posted

I have lol but I still bump into things in shops it's a little embarrassing
    • Posted

I have horrible balance as one of my symptoms too and hate it. I guess people think I drink too much and I'm drunk all the time!!!

Sadly, they'd find that reasoning more acceptable then the truth: menopause. It's a shame it's SO silent and considered taboo

• Posted

Yes from my experience all these symptoms come and go, obviously my eyes arent what they used to be
    • Posted

Yes apart from my eyes needing glasses (a natural ageing process) bthe other symptoms will pass eventually, the most important thing is to know you are not alone in this menopause x
    • Posted

Yes, Joanne, I had horrible balance too. My doc told me to slow down. But it's hard when i have always walked super fast, moved rather quickly, and use to be on the go almost nonstop. I loathe that I've had to slow down for no other reason than this phase. I guess the word pause was exactly for this reason. Pause and stop what you're doing because you need to slow it down.
    • Posted

I have balance problems too sometimes I feel my legs aren't strong enough to carry me just hope this passes real soon I have a terrible migraine today to be honest there quite frequent now just want to feel well again if only for just 1 week

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.