What is this craziness???

Posted , 12 users are following.

Here I am again like a broken record but just don't know what to do. I woke up today nervous and jumpy. I was so nervous that I made my heart race and called the paramedics. I felt fine once they got to me which in turn made me feel like a crazy person yet again. I have called the paramedics or ran to the ER so many times that I'm scared they won't come when I really need them. I just can't help it. When these crazy feelings come on the anxiety just overwhelms me. The fluttering in my chest, the internal tremors, weird head feelings, the flu feelings, the fluctuating body temperatures is just all overwhelming. Today I just can't seem to shake this nervous and jittery feeling. I ended up turning around to come back home on my way to work. I just didn't want my coworkers to see me acting like a crazy lady today.

.......I really needed to get that off my chest. Hope you ladies are fairing ok out there. I just want to feel like me again....

5 likes, 93 replies

93 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have found this terrifying before I knew I was going through the menopause. That's because (I'm now 55 and had a hysterectomy at 35 having had an ectopic quickly followed by cervical cancer at 25), I had HRT for 15 years. I thought menopause  was a doddle (worked full time/achieved PhD) and did not realise all HRT does is 'delay it'. So the symptoms are back but because I finally know what's happening - I am able to 'talk' myself into calm. My GP isn't interested - apparently anymore HRT could kill me...  I just wanted it until I could retire, she was convinced I would expire long before that! So, hard as it is, try talking to yourself, out loud as you like! Good luck Jamie smile
    • Posted

Thank you,

I have certainly been talking to myself out loud and praying to keep from losing my mind. I was starting to feel like I was crazy and really needed to talk with someone. My family is good about trying to help but they are beginning to think it's mental. Some of it may be but I tell them all the time how I feel physically. They look at me crazy and tell me to lie down and relax. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I am learning some ways of calming myself down so talking out loud to myself is definitely one way of calming down. Thanks for sharing...

• Posted

Hi Jamie,

I just read your post. I am so so sorry you are feeling so absolutely terrible. I can completely relate to the morning you are having. You just described my mornings pretty much every single morning. Waking up with Morning anxiety, racing heart, jitters and feeling off balance is extremely scary. Some mornings I just get up walk around the house crying. Yes I too have gone to the ER so many times. Been to the doctors weekly. Blood tests, MRIs, CT scans, ultrasounds, EKGs etc . Nothing shows up. The only thing that shows up are fibroids, ovarian cysts, etc. All the typical female stuff for a woman my age (49). No one ever told us that perimenopause would be filled with such bad panic attacks and anxiety. All I ever heard about were hot flashes. I have not had one of those yet. Yes Jamie you are not alone in this nightmare. Are you taking anything for your symptoms? Natural plant based progesterone cream, Fish oil, Magnesium, cutting out sugar, salt and caffeine should help. I am just now thinking about possibly looking into plant based bioidentical hormones myself. Take Care Jamie you are okay and all these horrible frightening feelings are normal for perimenopause. So glad we have this site and each other.

❤️Debbie

• Posted

Thank you soooo much Debbie for the kind words. I feel like crying as I type this. I try to keep calm as this is all so frightening. I am glad we have this forum and each other because no else seems to understand. The more I try to explain the more crazy I sound to folks. I walk around the house pacing to try and take my mind off it all. I was on the way to work, turned around, came home and got up in my bed. Which is starting to be my ritual. I have to get up now to pick my daughter up from work and I'm still nervous and jittery. I try to act normal in front of my kids but they notice and start asking me am I ok. I feel bad telling them I'm not because they wouldn't understand. I'm just really glad I have you and the other ladies to vent to. It really does help.
    • Posted

Hi Jamie

You really need to let your kids know that you are not ok at the moment.  They will understand and help you.  This is temporary, this stage will not last (you have to help yourself by keeping your diet good, sugar, caffeine are major triggers, and taking a walk everyday and taking time for yourself).  You need to look after yourself and make no apologies for how you are feeling. It takes time, but this jittery stage is temporary.  It will get better.   

• Posted

Thank you Metamoprhed,

I have told my oldest what's going on with me and she really is a big help. I just tell the little one that I'm not feeling well and she tries to tell me jokes to make me laugh. So now that you said that they are a help. I have cut out the caffeine and now working on cutting out the sugar. I try to keep busy and take some moments for myself. It's really cold here in my area so I haven't really been out to take some walks so I just walk through the house. But I will certainly take better care of myslef.

• Posted

this stage was the worst for me.  But I got through it and you will too...  I found keeping my diet really healthy helped loads.   You will look back at this 'weird' stage in a while and you'll feel so strong that you got through it. rolleyes  take care of yourself
    • Posted

Debbie, can you let me know what you find out, because I have cysts too, they are not uterine but I have developed them in various parts of my body since menopause and I told the dr and he said yeah for whatever reason getting older seems to trigger them, but if you could find out about the biomedical hormones I would be interested, I stopped the coffee too, I started the decaft and I am wondering do I need to stop it too because I am still having the issues that Jamie discussed.  I feel very angry and hoodwinked that we were not told about how menopause could affect us, all I heard about were hot flashes it did not sound so bad, its horrible/.
    • Posted

Hi Lennie,

Yes I will definitely let you know what my GP says. I am hoping she can refer me to a gynecologist in my network that treats with plant based bioidentical hormones. If not I might consider looking for myself. I have developed many cysts in the last two years. I am almost 49 so I think they are related to my crazy out of control hormones. I have them on my ovaries, so painful. They always end up dissolving within a few months through my period. I had a ganglion cyst on my left ankle for about 3 months. That was quite painful too. That also went away. I also have a small tiny cyst on my liver. All of my doctors say it's very normal. I have been to a holistic doctor who gave me tumeric for inflammation. That seems to work. My last MRI showed only one remaining cyst on my left ovary and none on my right. I do have many uterine fibroids but they are shrinking. Hopefully it's the tumeric working. This whole perimenopause thing is a big nightmare. Take Care

❤️Debbie

• Posted

Hi Again Lennie,

I forgot the decafe. Yes I had to stop decafe too. It also set me off. I talked to someone that mentioned the chemicals they use to strip the coffee beans of the caffeine are quite crazy and I could have been reacting to the chemicals. So I have had to give up my precious coffee and decafe in the mornings. So Sad. When I am over all this I am going to drink coffee, eat chocolate and pizza until my hearts content😊😊😊

❤️Debbie

• Posted

Hi Debbie. I was taking numeric sporadically but since the cysts have increased and cause pain in going to use the numeric every. day. How much did you take?
    • Posted

Your GP should be able to prescribe plant based bio identical.

You have to ask though or you will likely be given horse urine ones.

• Posted

Lennie I take about 625 milligrams of tumeric a day. I get it from my homeopathic doctor. Hope you are having a good day today😊

Debbie

• Posted

I will ask my GP on Friday for the plant based bioidentical hormones. I definitely don't want the horse urine ones. Yucky. Thanks for the information 😊

Debbie

• Posted

Your welcome I hope it works for you. I am so glad I have joined this forum too, I have been struggling with anxiety, panic, tears and heart palpitations today and being on this forum today and talking with everyone has helped me feel not so alone. I don't have anyone close to me that can relate. Nobody is going through what I am going through in perimenopause. So it's easy to feel isolated and alone.

❤️Debbie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.