What is this craziness???

Posted , 12 users are following.

Here I am again like a broken record but just don't know what to do. I woke up today nervous and jumpy. I was so nervous that I made my heart race and called the paramedics. I felt fine once they got to me which in turn made me feel like a crazy person yet again. I have called the paramedics or ran to the ER so many times that I'm scared they won't come when I really need them. I just can't help it. When these crazy feelings come on the anxiety just overwhelms me. The fluttering in my chest, the internal tremors, weird head feelings, the flu feelings, the fluctuating body temperatures is just all overwhelming. Today I just can't seem to shake this nervous and jittery feeling. I ended up turning around to come back home on my way to work. I just didn't want my coworkers to see me acting like a crazy lady today.

.......I really needed to get that off my chest. Hope you ladies are fairing ok out there. I just want to feel like me again....

5 likes, 93 replies

93 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi again Jamie,

I forgot to mention eating small protein filled meals every two to three hours helps with anxiety and heart palpitations. sipping ice cold water also helps with heart palpitations because of anxiety. Having a healthy protein shake and a few eggs first thing when I wake up really helps too. Good luck. I do all of these things and still have some horrible days but I do what I can. I also hate being alone too. We are all in the same boat.

❤️Debbie

• Posted

Thanks,

I will try the small protein meals and shakes. I do notice that I don't feel so bad when I sip water. Some days are good but some are horrible. Today is one of them. These heart flutters are working on me today.

• Posted

Hi Jamie and rstep04, your symptoms all sound like peri symptoms....and they suck! I've had every one of them too! Something that helped me was Vitamin B6. I take 100mg a day but others take up to 150mg. It helps with the anxiety, the inside tremors and the foggy headed feelings. I also have heard many women take a Magnesium supplement that also helps! I haven't tried that yet because the B6 has worked for me! The heart palpitations are horrible and very scary! I calm myself down by closing my eye and do some deep breathing.....breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth. It's such a difficult time for women....some worse than others! I know some days you dread even getting out of bed but I promise there is an end to this madness we go through so hang in there and stay strong! 

• Posted

Thanks for letting me know what has been working for you. I bought a multivitamin that I haven't tried yet. It has the B6 and the magnesium in it. I also need the iron. If it was not for my aunt bringing peri and telling me to research it to my attention, I would still be going to the ER everyday. In doing my research, I came across this forum and it was truly a blessing for me . I was starting to feel alone, down, and like no one understood. I am just finding out that the women in my family suffered peri pretty bad without taking anything, but no one would speak of it. So having you ladies share your expierences and suggestions for help has really been good for me. So again, thank you.
    • Posted

Hi thanks for your message ever since all this started I can no longer take b vitamins as my anxiety spirals I used to take them every day and be fine does anyone else get this with b vits
    • Posted

yes.  B vitamins help loads other people but they seem to cause me anxiety so I can't take them.  There is another discussion on here called 'to B or not to B'  where others have this problem with b's aswell.  It's good to know that others have the same effects!  
    • Posted

Hi thanks for your reply I've even tried liquid form still the same I wonder since this Peri started why my body and just started to reject it as I had taken b vits since I was about 19
    • Posted

I am on the same track as you Pat, just started B vitamins and use the breathing technique to help with the anxiety.  I went to a few meditation classes where they focused on anxiety.  Might be worth a shot for some of you ladies, doesn't work for everyone.  I have suffered anxiety for many years, long before all this other bull***t started with menopause.  Between decades of anxiety and menopause, I don't think I have any concept of what normal is anymore.
    • Posted

i had no problems with vitamins before peri neither.  Don't know as they really help other people during this time.  found by chance that it was the vits that were making me worse, when I forgot to bring them on hols. I felt much better, then took them again when I got back, and the anxiety started.  Stopped again, started again and each time same thing,  So don't take them anymore.  strange surprised
    • Posted

Jamie check the AMOUT of B6 in the multivitamin. It's usually not a high enough AMOUT to make a difference. You may have to add another B6 to it. 
    • Posted

Hi, I've heard of the B's having the opposite affect on some women. I believe it's from the fluctuation hormones that throws it off. Magnesium may help. Something else you could try would be evening oil of Primrose. That has been prescribed for years here in the U.S. to relieve symptoms! 
    • Posted

Hi pat tried both to no avail starting to feel so down nothing seems to be working just come off HRT goin to see if premosil works anyone tried this
    • Posted

Yes it is a small amount. I will add another B6 to it. I also have magnesium tablets. The docs at the ER told me to get some since it was a little low.
    • Posted

Jamie, if you can find Magnesium with Calcium it will work better. Magnesium works better when it's balanced with Calcium. They're finding that as Estrogen decreases our calcium is less absorbed....which causes a lot of the symptoms. If your magnesium is low then your calcium most likely is too! It may give you a lot of relief from all your symptoms!! Hope it works!! 
    • Posted

Thanks Pat,

I will check the stores today to see if I can get calcium. I need all th suggestions I can get.

• Posted

Hi Jamie,

I take Magnesium Malate. My rheumatologist recommended it and it seem to work for me...

• Posted

I have to go to the store again today.I will check for the magnesium malate. I have so many crazy feelings that i don't know what to think anymore. I am going to my GP tomorrow and requesting an extensive blood work up. I need to know what is low so I can work on these things. I try to stay away from too much sugar and salt. Trying to incorporate eating more fruits and veggies. It is just hard trying to adjust to this when it seems like the symptoms and funny cycle started out of nowhere.
    • Posted

Jamie, it's okay to eat or have salt in your food in moderation. We need salt in our bodies to keep us healthy. The new wave of medicine is finally coming around with the fact that our bodies need salt to function better. So don't put that salt shaker away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.