What is this craziness???

Posted , 12 users are following.

Here I am again like a broken record but just don't know what to do. I woke up today nervous and jumpy. I was so nervous that I made my heart race and called the paramedics. I felt fine once they got to me which in turn made me feel like a crazy person yet again. I have called the paramedics or ran to the ER so many times that I'm scared they won't come when I really need them. I just can't help it. When these crazy feelings come on the anxiety just overwhelms me. The fluttering in my chest, the internal tremors, weird head feelings, the flu feelings, the fluctuating body temperatures is just all overwhelming. Today I just can't seem to shake this nervous and jittery feeling. I ended up turning around to come back home on my way to work. I just didn't want my coworkers to see me acting like a crazy lady today.

.......I really needed to get that off my chest. Hope you ladies are fairing ok out there. I just want to feel like me again....

5 likes, 93 replies

93 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you've had such a horrible time.

I was thinking of asking in a discussion do any of you get that jumpy nervous thing? It seems you do.

I'm on HRT but it's that cold time of year when our radiator in our bedroom goes off with a bit of a bang when it's cooling down.

Every time it does it I near jump out of my skin heart pounding like someone has just shot a gun near my ear. It's really not that loud and may do this 4 or 5 times as it cools but every time I'm almost jumping out of bed.

When I was younger I would be the least nervous and laid back female you could know.

I know what you mean about wanting to call paramedics and I have taken myself off to A and E once.

Now I just keep telling myself "it's OK, you've felt like this before and it was fine, see how you feel in an hour" stuff like that.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Zigangie,

I try to tell myself when it happens that it will go away. When it happens at home I seem to calm down a little better but when I'm out, it's a mess. It's the worse when I'm driving. I have to pull over and collect myself. Which was what happened to me this morning. I was driving back home nervous and jittery, then my heart starting racing and I got dizzy. So I called the paramedics. Felt crazy after they got there because then I was ok. So now I try to talk myself off the ledge. Some days I can't take it as I'm so on edge. Like I have been all day today. I have to pick up my sister in about 30 minutes and I am really not ready for that ride today. I'm thinking of asking if she can get a ride.

• Posted

I know where you are coming from driving if you feel on edge just makes that edgy feeling turn to panic.

I have turned down a few requests for lifts over the past few years. I always enjoyed driving but it got to a point where I would do anything to get out of it and became like an old lady behind the wheel.

I don't know if you have thought about HRT. But I've been on it only 9 weeks and my enjoyment of driving is one of a number of odd little things that people would think I'm crazy if I told them HRT had improved.

• Posted

Jamie, I feel really bad for you, I have experienced this too and the internal tremors and chest issues are very frightening and I think they produce the anxiety, I have this too, I would look at some herbals to help with anxiety like hops, and valerian. It totally stinks dealing with this, I deal with SOMETHING everyday too.
    • Posted

It definitely is frightening. I was looking into some herbals. Haven't decided on what to try. Everytime I went to the ER I kept thinking they were going to tell me that I had a serious illness and then they would say your blood work came back fine. So I felt like like I was back at square one. It's just so frustrating. I don't want anything to be seriously wrong so that is good news. I guess I was just looking for answers to why all of a sudden theses things started happening to me. I'm learning to deal with the panic it's hard. I get so down sometimes because my family can't believe I feel something every day. Some days are more manageable then others. Today was not one of them.
  • Posted

Sounds like my story 5 years ago, calling the paramedics all the time with my heart racing, anxiety sky high, and becoming hyperventilated. You're so young going through this too. Well, hon I hope you find some type of hormone that will help you get through this, it's no fun living in a state of panic at such a young age. At your age I was taking Borage oil and that helped alleviate all my symptoms at the time. But you sound beyond my mild bouts. You sound as if you're in full almost menopausal which is not the case. A friend same age as you was having similar symptoms and was put on low dose birth control pills to which is she is doing quite well on. Maybe this is what you need. Talk to your gyne about it. In the meantime, try st. john's wort this calms everything down. Take care, xx
    • Posted

Thank you so much. I am going to try the St.John's. I just learned that one of my aunts actually finished having menses at 40 and a lot of other women in my family went through Peri early. I started my menses when I was 9 years old. I seem to do everything so young..lol. I am also going to look into a low dose birth control pill. I just want a little relief.
    • Posted

I found that st. john's calmed the anxiety that was starting up again, about 3 months ago. I took it until it went away. But I've had ladies tell me they can't be without it. It sells out at the stores here like hotcakes (prefer donuts) coming off the press. I was lucky to find one bottle left at the store since it seems all th ladies know when it's due to come in. Yes, and you started quite young, in our family we start it quite late, my mom got hers at 18! Oh well, I guess it runs in families. Hope you get some relief soon. Take care xx
    • Posted

I am going to get me some tomorrow. Thanks again for the suggestions. I will let you know how it works. Take care as well.
  • Posted

Hi everyone, this forum has been a comfort , just knowing that what Im going through isnt just in my head. I want to go to each post and write - me too, i feel this too......

Very much felt the jittery thing, tremours, earlier on today...as on other days. I tend to think that ill feel better if I eat, sometimes this works. I agree with Debbies post on this, also drinking water with sea salt makes me feel better, for a while. Another suggestion for deep breathing- inhale through nose, exhale through mouth  for 5 counts, kind of stabilises me.

Is there a group on Facebook for us ?

• Posted

I think this keeps it small and not so opened to the public. On Facebook, it would be crazy trying to answer everyone when over a billion people are on it too. So, no I'm happy it's close knit like this.
    • Posted

hi patra,i was hoping for a closed group...but then its nice and cozy here too....no worriesrazz
    • Posted

Hi gentleballads, I have to agree that this forum has been a comfort. I think maybe 4 months ago I came across it but decided not to join, because it says UK. My thoughts were how can I relate to a bunch of women on another continent when we don't share the same medicines, and who knows maybe not even the same symptoms, but of course, those were my hormones talking. So happy I joined now, because no one else I know is going through the same experience, no one in my family, no one around me, they get a few get hot flashes but that's about it. All the other 2000 symptoms we're talking about here most women I know never experience it. My mom never got it either. But now I feel I'm not alone knowing that all this time, it was no my imagination, it was not mind going crazy, the memory issues are real, etc. Plus the fact that we can vent without judgement. Thank you all lovely ladies for being here in sharing your experiences and making me feel normal! smile
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply Gentleballads,

I am taking in these suggestions. Anything at this point is worth a shot. It's only been three months for me and this stuff is really working on me. I dread knowing that this could last for years. I'm trying to be strong but it is rough. It's starting to cost me my job. I need my job, so I have to find some sort of relief. I'm at the point where all I want to do is stay home. I stopped going to the ER as they were starting to not take me seriously so I felt. I get in my bed on days that I can't deal and just lye down. Prayer and this forum has helped me a lot. The experiences shared here helps me to know that I am not alone and someone else really does understand and know what I'm talking about. Until this forum, I never knew that women went through any of this related to the change. People around me always only spoke of the hot flushes. These symptoms were really scary when they first started. I couldn't explain them. The inside tremors were really scary. I woke up one morning and literally felt like my insides and bed wouldn't stop shaking. I tried to explain it but everyone was looking at me crazy. When I found this forum I couldn't believe my eyes. Since then there has been a host of this happening, the itchy skin, the weird head feelings, body zap sensations, tingling fingers and toes, heart palps, nervous and jittery, dizziness, off balance, crying for no reason, anxiety through the roof, feeling like food stuck in my chest, feeling like I can't get enough air to breathe, and tons more. Some I am learning to let just let it be as sometimes it subsides and others freak me out. Some days I feel ok and other days I can't shake the gloom and doom. I'm almost ready to try any and everything.

• Posted

Hi, I was reluctant to join too because I live in the U.S and boy am I glad I did, I like you have absolutely nobody, my husband can be ok, but he can also be a jerk too. But, anyway I am happy that I met you guys because if I did  not have you all I would think these symptoms were something very horrible, I still get that feeling but not as much as before I came here. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.