What is your definition of an attack

Posted , 13 users are following.

What do people consider an attack?  The super room spinning or just the really unsteady sensation. 

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had MD FOR 3 years now and have been attack free since starting  Betahistine in January 2017.  I am in the US, and compounding pharmacies are so expensive. I order my betahistine from Canada. My dr faces a prescription to them. I highly recommend this Rx. I have had great success with it. My Physicians Assistant said that antihistamines for nasal allergies do not cross cancel benefits as they block different histamines (not sure if that is the correct medical term, but the premise is understood I believe).  I too have been terrified of pending attacks. Betahistine has given me hope. I have decided I will just ignore the tinnitus, which I have learned to do for the most part. I know it’s not that easy for everyone. I am very interested in the impact of sugar and refined carbs in regards to this disease as they have such a big impact on autoimmune diseases. My understanding is that MD is an autoimmune disease where the body attacks the nerve celia in the ear. Please remember that there is hope that you can learn to manage your severe symptoms. Drop attacks are terrifying, but we can be proactive in managing some of our symptoms. If your dr is not working with you, demand a new one! Fight to live well! There is so much in life that is beautiful, even with MD!
  • Posted

I have had MD FOR 3 years now and have been attack free since starting  Betahistine in January 2017.  I am in the US, and compounding pharmacies are so expensive. I order my betahistine from Canada. My dr faces a prescription to them. I highly recommend this Rx. I have had great success with it. My Physicians Assistant said that antihistamines for nasal allergies do not cross cancel benefits as they block different histamines (not sure if that is the correct medical term, but the premise is understood I believe).  I too have been terrified of pending attacks. Betahistine has given me hope. I have decided I will just ignore the tinnitus, which I have learned to do for the most part. I know it’s not that easy for everyone. I am very interested in the impact of sugar and refined carbs in regards to this disease as they have such a big impact on autoimmune diseases. My understanding is that MD is an autoimmune disease where the body attacks the nerve celia in the ear. Please remember that there is hope that you can learn to manage your severe symptoms. Drop attacks are terrifying, but we can be proactive in managing some of our symptoms. If your dr is not working with you, demand a new one! Fight to live well! There is so much in life that is beautiful, even with MD!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.