What liver condition do I have? ALT/SGPT and GGT levels escalated!!?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello Guys,  

Recently got my LFT, didn't get a chance to consult my doctor as he is not available.  

Please go through my liver reports and please tell me if anything serious.  

Bilirubin = 0.83 mg/nl                                           (NORMAL RANGE 0.2 - 1.0)  

Bilirubin Direct = 0.19 mg/nl                             (NORMAL RANGE 0.00 - 0.30)  

Total Protein = 8.0 g/dl                                         (NORMAL RANGE 6.4 - 8.2)  

Albumin = 4.6 g/dl                                                (NORMAL RANGE 3.4 - 5.0)  

Globulin = 3.4 g/dl                                                (NORMAL RANGE 2.0 - 4.1)  

Albumin/Globulin Ratio = 1:4                                (NORMAL RANGE 1:0 - 2:1)  

Aspertate Aminotransferase (AST/SGOT)= 24 u/l (NORMAL RANGE 15 - 37)  

Alanine Phosphatase (ALT/SGPT) = 60 u/l            (NORMAL RANGE < 45)  

Alkaline Phosphatase = 115 u/l                            (NORMAL RANGE 30 - 120)  

Gamma Glutamyl Transferase (GGT) = 98 u/l   (NORMAL RANGE 15 - 85)  

Lactate Dehydrogenase = 184 u/l                      (NORMAL RANGE 100 - 190)  

The ALT/SGPT and the GGT levels seem to be on the higher side.  

I am not a daily drinker but I do it occasionally, but I do it heavy.  

I eat a lot of junk food.  

I have recently being diagnosed with IBS and I have also taken some medications, which I currently have stopped taking.  

Tell me if my liver report says something serious and what can I do to reverse it.  

I would highly be appreciated.  

Thanking you

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

it's most likely the alcohol! Cutting down will soon resolve these issues.

Best wishes 

aa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.