What next achilles tendonosis not improving

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I have been suffering with achilles tendonosis for 7yrs on and off now , i have tried the ice , rest , ibuprofen gel and have now been undergoing another bout of physio for nearly 6mths and my physiotherapist has now decided that my ankle is to weak to carry on with the eccentric strengthening exercises i was doing , as the pain was getting much more intense and my ankle shook allover the place , so he has now got me doing some ankle lifts to try and strengthen my ankle generally,

I am a bit worried as i was doing these eccentric heel drops and lifts for 4/6 weeks prior to him stopping me doing them , will i of caused more damage , as i am in agony still with my achilles and the 3 lumps i have up my achilles have doubled in size , i have both insertional and non insertional tendonosis

Does anyone have any idea what will be the next step as i have turned down steriod treatment with an MSK. I am at my wits end

Any help will be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Nicola. Went to my appointment today and that's it. I explained I was feeling a lot better but still experiencing some pain, seems there is still a lot f mending to do yet, keep up with the physio and if it gets really bad again my consultant is happy to see me again... 

The he main aim is to improve the pain, if I'm lucky it will go completely if not at least it's improved. How are you getting on ? Have you heard anything yet ? X

• Posted

Hi swampiesue

Really , so even though your still experiencing pain they have discharged you , unless its classed as normal to them,

Are you walking ok on it now , the pain may subside the more you are able to do , brilliant if its worked for you

I havent been to see orthopedics yet but i have been back to see my gp about this pain that runs down inbetween the ankle bone and achilles , he thinks i may have a posterior tibial tendon injury aswell and to mention it to orthopedics

I will let you know how i get on

Really pleased your finally getting there , wish i was as far on as you

• Posted

You will be, you have done everything else now it's time you were sorted. Yes I can walk fine now... Xx
    • Posted

Eee a hope so swampiesue

A think al cry if they try and say we will do this and that a just want it operated on and sorted once and for all

• Posted

Hi swampiesue

Just a quick msg to let you know i have finally recieved my orthopedics appointment its 16th march 16 i will let you know the outcome

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.