What right do I have!!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Why do i feel more fearful each day? What right do I have? I have none, I'm a grown woman! Why do the tears fall? Is it self-pity? What right do have? I have none. I have wronged others, that's what I've done! Im a grown-up who feels as vulnerable as a child and all the while I'm feeling weaker as I think I should be coping. I'm feeling scared and it will always come back to the rhetorical question: what right do I have? Donna, on a bad day!

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Our name is Legion for we are many, Donna.

Anxiety and Depression have no 'right' or purpose, but they have a cause. Finding it is more than half the battle.

Get into Therapy and really dig into your psyche to find the reason you react the way you do to stress. Many of us are doing the same thing-only be discovering the cause will you be able to stop it. Medicine and all the other things are just bandaids, to help us as we work on therapy. Good luck!

• Posted

In my area it is really hard to get into therapy, the psychiarrists just keep saying the waiting list is verylong.  How do i get this myself?  What kind do i need and is there a lisst of qualified private ones i can access locally.  Do they need to be clinical psychologists or other types of psychologists.  I have been told i have high anxiety, tried all anti deps and none worked for me ,made me worse, so i need therapy.  Any advice on how to access people?
    • Posted

Hi Ann that really makes me mad when someone really needs help and is dismissed , your problem is real, i do not want to scare you or anyone but i watched a programme where a girl kept calling an ambulance out saying she was hurt, they knew who she was, but only humoured her, the way she was speaking you could tell she needed help, but one believed her the other did not, and they left, she was so upset and hurt and had no where to turn so she jumped from a bridge , in other words try to commit suicide, ended up in the hospital where the 2 ambulance people who turned away from her worked, this programme was put on to show people and the health care workers and the high end people that you have to listen to us people who suffer mental health issues, that is wht there is a forum like this, do not get me wrong there are NOW  lots of people that take notice it is just finding the right one, it took me a long time , but i got there and you can too, i found my counselling that is right for me, and i am finally seeing her on monday , the CARA , group, but you DO NOT GIVE UP , i did not and i am hre and getting help x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.