What’s up with the hair shedding?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm 54 and having most of the wonderful side effects of menopause. The one that is the most upsetting is the hair shedding!

Does it ever stop shedding? 😦

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been using Biotin 5000mg for more than 2 years, and I think is helping with my hair and nails.

• Posted

I have the same question. For the past few months, I'm in per at 47 my hair has been clumping together in knots that just pull out of my hair. So I'm losing several knotted clumps a day, not just lose strands. Though I'm dropping lose strands everywhere too. I'm worried about getting bald spots. And I stupidly asked my sister about it who is older and she said she never had that problem and it's just me and not normal. My sister by the way, is an ahole, so not sure why I bothered to ask. I'm trying to see my OBGYN but she's not great and last time she gave me hormones, progesterone, just made me gain a ton of weight. I'm double checking my thyroid but I've had thyroid issues my whole life and never lost hair like that so pretty positive it's hormones. I hope it stops. I am trying a DHT blocker shampoo, for a month, but so far not helping the shedding. I'm growing hair but I don't think it's growing fast enough to keep up with the amount of shedding.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.