What’s wrong with my feet?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

So, for the past few weeks I've had a constant ache in my right foot, sometimes in my left (it switches often). It's kind of like a heavy feeling, sometimes I get pins and needles, sometimes there's a stabbing feeling but there's no pain. I went to the out of hours doctor and she did my blood pressure and said nothing about it and checked the pulse in my right foot and said that it was good. She said that it was nerve entrapment but that didn't make sense to me as the pain was in both feet, but I am not a doctor so I don't know if it's possible to get nerve entrapment in both feet. The pain went away for a few days so I cancelled my doctors appointment, believing i would be fine (now regretting this massively) and went on with my life, only for it to reappear a few days ago.

I've down the awful thing of googling it and peripheral neuropathy is coming up and the word diabetes is mentioned a lot of the time. I'm only 18, and only my grandfather has diabetes and even then, he's step so it's not blood. I'm not the skinniest but I am in the process of loosing weight - I am around 12 stone the last time I checked.

Is there a chance it could be diabetes or peripheral neuropathy?

Symptoms include; aching, heavy feeling, sometimes a burning pain but not often, stabbing pain but with no feeling - almost like a pulse if that makes any sense.

It should also be noted that both my mum and sister suffer from restless leg syndrome so I thought it could be that but RLS only occurs at night - at least that's what I think.

Any information or advice would be appreciated. I'm going to ring the doctors on Monday morning and they will probably hate me but I can't keep panicking like this.

Thank you in advance.

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

so does IVIG work?

• Posted

I just started this treatment they say it will probably take 6 months before you will notice if it helps your condition. The IVIG is a treatment where they use blood plasma from donated blood from different donors they screen it and they use a medicine along with a medicine called Octogram they do the infusion through IV it takes 5 hours I have my treatments done once a month it is very expensive they say most insurances deny it but your doctor has to appeal it and get all your medical history to back it

• Posted

ANOTHER UPDATE - had my bloods done this morning, got a phone call about five minutes ago saying that they've found something in my blood but the appointment to know what it is isnt until next month so now i have a month worrying about what it could be.

• Posted

Insist on a much earlier appointment and explain you are far too anxious to wait a month. Alternatively, You could ask if your doctor could phone you and tell you what they found. Since they already have the results, they should tell you immediately and you should not have to wait for a month.

• Posted

she said that she wants to discuss it in person, but its nothing major. i have to see the nurse next friday for an injection, so will ask the nurse if she can tell me anything. my only concern right now is the fact that they are is feeling so achy 24 hours after my blood test - i have no luck hahaha

• Posted

Report your post blood test pain straight away if it lasts more than 24 hours. I had the same thing after a blood test and I was horribly bruised for weeks and in solid, throbbing, constant pain for 2 months. Eventually, the pain changed to come and go pain but the flare ups were still very painful and never fully went away. After three years of this pain, I went back to my doctor to complain about the nurse who botched it and her head nurse who laughed at my concerns. I was diagnosed with neuropathic pain which cannot be cured.

• Posted

my friend says that she gets the same thing when she donates blood so i think i'll leave it until i go to the doctors next week. if it gets any worse, then i will say something.

• Posted

As long as the pain is mild and it gradually subsides within 24 hours. If you have intense swelling, bruising and throbbing pain that gets worse by the day, see your doctor. I could barely use cutlery and would be in hours of pain if I touched my arm with mine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.