What time of day

Posted , 8 users are following.

If you take Bisoprolol what time of day do you take it out of interest? I am on 2.5 and have always taken it first thing in the morning before breakfast but I was getting so sleepy, my heart rate was going down to 48, I couldn't function very well if at all some days, I have today taken it after lunch to see if after a morning on the go (for a change not feeling sleepy) it would make any difference.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Phoebe

I take mine at night (8.30pm) as i had mine in hospital then so I stuck to the same time.

• Posted

oh ok that's interesting, how do you find it affects you during the day? do you get any of the awful side effects?

Phoebe

• Posted

Side effects are awful. I've lost 16 month to tbis horrible drug. Am currently weaning off as went cold turkey last year but rate went up again..

Tiredness, well fatigue...cold hands & feet....anxiety....sleeping less at night....feeling depressed

Can't wait to be off them

Always consult GP before stopping as i have done

• Posted

I take it around noon with lunch. I am on the 2.5 mg too. The first few days I was feeling really tired, sleepy, would yawn all afternoon. I have a little more energy now.

• Posted

I have been on it 5 years now and still getting side effects from it, I took it after lunch yesterday and feel slightly better this morning, fingers crossed it lasts.

• Posted

I take mine at night 5mg ,originally took it in the morning but had some side effects this way it's absolutely fine.

• Posted

I will no longer take biso. I was on 5 mg for about 3 months when I was diagnosed with atrial tachycardia.

When I was on it, and took it in the morning, I could not function. I felt like a zombie and literally could not get off the sofa. My hands and feet were freezing. My heart rate and blood pressure were so low.

I then dropped it to 2.5 mg Still no different.

I was told to just stop it 5 days prior to my first ablation attempt. I asked if just stopping it was okay. He told me it was just fine.

Well, it was not fine. I went through terrible withdrawals Anxiety through the roof.I could not even walk well as my legs were jerking, jittery. and having spasms.

It was a complete nightmare how I felt.

I told my EP that I would rather have tachycardia than be on this drug

• Posted

There are lots of instances of patients complaining about the side effects but still many doctors won't accept it, I hate taking it but I am actually scared not to.

• Posted

How slow was your heartrate ? Mine is down to 48 again this evening, I hate it, I'm going to speak to my GP tomorrow, perhaps he will either cut the dose or put me on something else.

• Posted

When I was on biso, my resting heart rate was about 55 bpm, Now without, my resting is 58-74 Way better.

• Posted

Maybe your GP will advise to half the dose Some are very sensitive to it

• Posted

I hope so, can't speak to him until tomorrow now as he has day off, I'm going to conveniently forget to take tablet today.

• Posted

When I had to stop biso for my first attempted ablation, I was told to just stop it. Wrong thing to tell me. I went through horrid withdrawals. Doctors do not acknowledge this. Idiots. !!!

Hope all goes well with your appointment. Keep us posted

• Posted

Just an update, I had my dose reduced to 1.25mg and have been on them almost a week now, my pulse still goes down to 48 however I don't feel quite so tired on them, I've been put on them for a month to see how things go, it proves that perhaps they should have been reduced a long time ago, I've also noticed that I am not having so many ectopic beats as when I was on 2.5mg long may that last.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.