What time of day

Posted , 8 users are following.

If you take Bisoprolol what time of day do you take it out of interest? I am on 2.5 and have always taken it first thing in the morning before breakfast but I was getting so sleepy, my heart rate was going down to 48, I couldn't function very well if at all some days, I have today taken it after lunch to see if after a morning on the go (for a change not feeling sleepy) it would make any difference.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, I take it as soon as I get up. Within a half hour I am drinking my morning Smoothie, after a good amount of water and half a coffee. Most days I end up feeling like laying on the couch within an hour or two. Saw a post from someone who suggested doing it at night but would want to consult Doctor before I did that.

• Posted

I think quite a few people take it at night but what concerns me is your pulse drops naturally when you sleep doesn't it? so taking a tablet to bring your rate down,couldn't that bring it down even more? The GP I had 5 years ago said I could take it at night but I didn't ask the question about drop in pulse, my pulse was 48 last night and once during the night it was 46 and quite scary, I stayed awake all night frightened I wouldn't wake up if I slept, I was doing exercises at 3am trying to raise my pulse, I have a docs appt tomorrow to ask if the dosage can be reduced.

• Posted

Well my GP has agreed to give me a prescription for reduced dosage 1.25mg for a month to see how I get on, but I must keep a close eye on my heart rate and BP so we will just have to see how it goes. fingers crossed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.