What to do for Grover’s disease rash?.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello, my husband has a very itchy rash and after doing a biopsy it turned out to be Grovers disease. Has anybody else been told that their rash is Grovers and if so what is helping the itchyness ?

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello all, I'm new to this community but wanted to join because my mom suffered from this disease about two years ago. There were times when the itching and pain were so excruciating, she felt as though she may not live another year. It was a traumatizing time for her, and for me as I worried so much for the health of my mom. After a harrowing many months spent seeking medical support and finding no doctors who had any answers, she finally found Dr. Brook Brouha (San Diego) who ordered Xeljanz for her. She has been taking it ever since, twice a day. She is in doing so much better, living her life, happy and healthy. Every single day I thank God for that, so I thought I'd share it here and anywhere else that it might be of help to others who are suffering! Please message me if you have any questions about it. Sending you my best wishes and support.

• Posted

I have struggled with Grovers for years now

Biopsy confirmed. The UV therapy is actually UV-B and is not the same as being in the Sun.

Sunlight aggravates it as it gets hot and sweat makes it worse. There is no cure. All we know is it is abnormal cell division of the cells in sweat glands.

The things which helped for me was UVB therapy buti have family history of skin cancer so not worth repeating the treatment. Wearing natural fibres help to keep your skin dry but you need to keep cool to makea difference.

Its supposed to be self limiting but I’ve had mine overa decade with no signs of going just getting worse and worse.

I’ve tried al known creams and steroids even kidney toxic medication which did nothing. It is depressing and upsetting but if it doesnt go for you, it’s unlikely it will.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.