What to do if I keep losing weight?

Posted , 5 users are following.

My weight was 97 pounds about a month or so ago and it keeps going down and it’s stressing me out. It had been at 95.6 pounds for the past few days and today it has suddenly dropped down to 93.9 pounds 😰 I’m very concerned and I keep having to rush to the toilet. It’s probably the fact that I keep pooping my food..? 

I’m going to the doctors again tomorrow but so what if we don’t find a solution and I keep dropping..? I don’t want to drop weight to the point my clothes won’t even fit? What will i do? Not get out of the house? 😭I’m so scared. It takes ages to get an appointment as well, I just don’t know what to do, I’m so upset, it’s all i can think of. My fear of being too skinny is over the top today..

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone! That’s me back from the doctors and they said I have something called Gilbert’s Syndrome according to my blood test. Doctor said I don’t need to do any further tests but my mind is still not at peace. I still feel very anxious. Should I accept the diagnosis or go somewhere else for more tests? 

She didn't seem concerned about my cough either (I think it’s caused by my reflux. I don’t have the burning sensation anymore , just a cough and she said I should stop taking Omeprazole). I don’t get that much abdominal pain anymore and I’m not sick or feel sick, my stool is just always weird and stinky.

• Posted

Great you got a diagnosis.  Your next step is to accept your diagnosis since your blood test showed this and trust and believe your doctor and accept his advice.  If you do this, you will have peace of mind. Since you are an anxious person, more tests will not help to relax you.  I accepted my diagnosis of IBS straight away and my anxiety cleared up.  I was told I didn’t need repeat tests.  I accepted this. I am now in remission from IBS and have peace if mind.  It can work this way for you too!   Trust your test results and your doctor! You so wanted a diagnosis and now you have one!
    • Posted

Thank you very much! I stopped obsessing over it and my symptoms aren’t any worse now. I just have a cough and that’s all. Let’s hope for the best x
    • Posted

It might be an acid reflux cough.  When you are anxious, it can cause indigestion and heartburn which can cause a cough.  My acid reflux started after a lot of stress as a student and it never fully cleared up.  It left me with an intolerance to spicy and fatty foods.  I also have a.chronic cough with it which is relieved with OTC antacids and milk.
    • Posted

I’m still taking Omeprazole once a day and still have a cough. It’s sometimes really bad and sometimes barely there. Idk if certain foods are causing it. As for now, I’d say it’s definitely not as tiring as a flu kind of cough, it doesn’t really bother me.
  • Posted

I didn’t mention my weight loss as my weight has gone up to 97 pounds again so hopefully I’ll be able to gain a bit more and it won’t go down again.
  • Posted

Hi Maria,

OMG snap. Very very similar to what I’m going through. But still waiting on answers.

I apparently have Gilbert Syndrome according to blood tests, Bilirubin levels always fluctuating. I got quite worried over the weekend as I noticed that the whites of my eyes at the bottom was a little yellow. Now apparently if your poorly or tired etc you can’t look a little jaundice skin/ eyes.

Well  I will try & shorten my story as much as I can.

I had bit of a reaction to some ointment that I only used once in April. Basically it triggered health anxiety as  from then I didn’t feel myself at all, dizzy all the time, feeling weak, sick, dry mouth nearly all the time, pains & different sensations in my body, pins & needles, I could go on and on. Well those symptoms triggered more Anxiety & I think got a little out of control, examining my body all of the time, taking my blood pressure, self diagnosing, stopped going out as I’m to focused on myself. Over thinking & worrying all of the time. Gradually I was having better days than  worst days. But I was still thinking there is something wrong with me all of the time even after blood tests, ultrasound on abdomen & X-ray on lungs. I couldn’t eat for about a week as I felt so sick and I couldn’t stomach it , and my dry mouth couldn’t help break down the food.  A few days before feeling like that my stools were like mushy cow pat. I started to loose more weight. Number of trips to the Drs. & A&E as I got myself in a state. Even yesterday I was there  due to chest pains. My stools are starting to form right the past couple of times but still not  100%. I’ve got an appointment with the Dr on Tuesday to see where we go zone to find out my stool test to see if there’s any inflammation. I’ve had other tests for celiac and for any bugs and they were negative.

Early hours in the morning I get this burning sensation in my  upper abdomen , then I feel sick, like a hungry sick. I just want to feel how I used to & I also want answers to this. I have started  to eat now for the past week but only very small portions and I feel tired all the time, but tbh I haven’t hardly done anything for the past 3 weeks or so. 

But I suppose on the positive side I’m eating, sleeping a little better, stools getting better & im tryin to tell myself not to go back A&E or Drs before Tuesday and try & not over. Think things. Stress & anxiety really does play with the body in an unpleasant way. Try some mindfulness, meditation and deep breathing.

Take Care xx

• Posted

Also I’ve had this niggling cough as well. The Drs. Have listened to my lugs/ chest a number of times plus X-ray and apparently all seems ok. I put it down to I packed up smoking about a month ago and a couple of weeks after I got this cough. And tbh I’ve had the odd fag here & there the past couple of weeks to see if it helps stop it. I know that sounds so stupid but it was getting to the point I was doing it all of the time I just felt like I had to constantly clear my air ways & don’t know if it was habit or if I really needed to. Think I need to cope with one thing at a time xx

• Posted

Hi there! What you’re describing sounds very much like anxiety. When I first started suffering from generalised anxiety or whatever they call it, I couldn’t eat anything for 3 days and I couldn’t sleep for 3 weeks. If you feel burning sensation in your stomach when you wake up, it might be because you need to eat. Your stomach is empty and it needs food. Even if you don’t feel like eating, your body still needs food. Make sure you get enough calcium and magnesium because those are very important when you suffer from anxiety. I started feeling better a few weeks after taking vitamins (with my anixety). I’m not struggling with it anymore, I’m just a hypochondriac. Acid reflux can give you a cough as well. I really hope you will start to feel better soon especially on a mental level because you’re gonna start feeling better overall if you get rid of some of your anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.