what were your first symptoms of ms?

Posted , 5 users are following.

would anyone be kind enough to tell me there first symptoms of ms please? and how did you get diagnosed thank you.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey, sure

I had a lot of symptoms. But I couldn't tell if they were my subjective feelings. The doctor said they were due to my anxiety and gave me some antidepressants. The first main symptom I had was the difficulty to write. I couldn't write legibly even if I tried to. The doctor suggested a brain MRI which turned out to be pretty normal. The difficulty to write subsided and I had a tingling sensation on the left side of my face. I didn't take it seriously. A few months went by like this. About 9 months later the tingling sensation progressed into excruciating pain. It was shooting pain, which lasted 3 or 4 seconds occurred multiple times in a minute. Took MRI with contrast study of brain and spine. Now on the images, multiple lesions were visible. The CSF analysis result was also positive. Thus doctors came to the conclusion that I have RRMS.

• Posted

This is what I posted when I noticed some symptoms. Got many valuable suggestions from here. Consider going through this thread.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/multiple-sclerosis-symptoms-but-brain-mri-is-almost-normal-594459

• Posted

Hi I've commented on your thread, I'm still having problems and recently developed bells Palsy and the ENT asked my go to refer me to another neurologist. I'm awaiting an appointment. It's going to sound off but I'm scared they won't find anything when I once again have soany symptoms and have to use a wheelchair now imhooe you're ok and glad you got your diagnosis.

• Posted

thank you so much for replying to me. the reason I ask is because since last March 2017 I've been dizzy fuzzy headed everyday only having a 9 month break from it while I was pregnant. my doctor keeps blaming anxiety I've been on anti depressants beta blockers vertigo tablets all have had no relief. my doctor keeps fobbing me off telling me it's anxiety I know it's not. I keep crying because my symptoms are deliberating and I feel like I'm getting no where with the GPS

• Posted

HI please could you let me no what antidepressant you are on,I am on prozac at moment, did any help you
  • Posted

I know this is late, but I'll fill you in on my experience as well.

My symptoms began in 2010 or so, and it was frequent urination. I went to a couple of urologists and one chalked it up to me being a young man (I was in high school at this time) and explained I could be going through hormone or excitement changes; the other dx'd me with a UTI and sent me on my way. They both gave me medications for it, one was supposed to slow down my urination (it didn't) and the other was anti-bacterial (didn't help either). I ultimately got used to it and my frequent urination slowly fell under control and such.

My next problem started in 2011, where my sides went numb and I also had bouts of tingling in legs. The Dr just said I had low vitamin D and sent me on my way. I guess they looked over my symptoms because I was still a young man in high school- I'm too young for that disease lol. This too rectified itself until 2012, and I went to boot camp. The urinary symptoms and the sensory symptoms returned, and I had to leave. I now think that my MS only advances under high stress.

Fast forward to 2017, I randomly lost vision in one eye and no one could find out why. I had an MRI done and I expecting it to be a waste of time; it wasn't and then everything added up. I was dx'd with RRMS in Feb of 2017.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.