What worked for me: Eliminate Nightshades from your diet

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm currently 23 and I've been suffering with HS since around 17 years old, which is as far as I can remember. I am a super potato lover. I'll eat anything that's made of potatoes. Sooner or later I started have flare ups and boils under my arm-pits. It hurts to walk and sometimes I just get random pains in my arms or legs. After going on a Paleo diet, the HS cleared up and my pains went away. So I started introducing things back into my diet such as wholewheat foods, dairy, etc. As soon as I got back on the potatoes, BOOM, more flare-ups. I went to the doctors, and whilst she diagnosed me HS she was completely stumped. Only gave me a prescription to a bottle of Hibi-scrub which only made me feel clean. 

I recommend anyone who is suffering with this to eliminate nightshades from their diet and see how it works for you! 

2 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How long would you say after going nightshade free did you begin to notice improvement?
    • Posted

I noticed improvement the day I cut them out. Usually when my cysts would start coming out, they would get worse over a 3 or 4 day period and then stay bad for a few days then start to get better. I cut nightshades out the morning I woke up with 5 new inflamed cysts. My inflammation started going down that day and they did not take several days to peak and get worse. Then over about 6-8 weeks, my very deep cysts (stage 3) seemed to surface liked my body was releasing them!?! This was a different kind of pain though not like normal HS inflammation, I could tell they were coming out and trying to get better. I still have some deep cysts but they do not hurt or get inflamed (I can't even feel they're there) unless I accidentally eat nightshades- if I'm not careful. I am very strict with it. If I accidentally eat the slightest bit of paprika or eat something that's been fried in the same oil as potatoes, I will have cystic inflammation within hours. When the food reaches your small intestine and the particles get in your blood.

• Posted

Benny it does hurt to walk I been having HS for 11 years. I think I have one of the worse cases of HS. Now what is nightshades?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.