What year were you born ?

Posted , 14 users are following.

For no other reason than I'm a nosey git. 

So what year were you born ?, and an interesting fact from that year

I,ll start. age 43,  1971, the same year the production of the Morris Minor ceased

5 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Nick smile

I was born in 1953, shussh, I know I'm getting old!  Anyway interesting facts of 1953, in the USA.

The USA:

Cost Of Living 1953 How Much things cost in 1953

Yearly Inflation Rate USA 0.82% 

Yearly Inflation Rate UK 2.2% 

Average Cost of new house $9.550.00 Average wages per year $4,000.00 Cost of a gallon of Gas 20 cents Average Cost of a new car $1,650.00 Kodak Brownie Flash Six-20 Camera History $13.00 Chain Saw $225.00 ...

Also:  

1953 saw the growth of the buy now pay later mentality with car makers leading the way by allowing longer and longer periods to pay for your new car. Queen Elizabeth II crowned queen of England. The unions gained strength with more and more workers belonging to unions, with wage and price controls ended and unemployment at 2.9% the increases in standard of living continued to grow and appear to have no boundaries. A teachers average salary was $4,254 and a pound of round steak was 90 cents. The first color television sets appear selling for $1,175, and transistor radios start to appear for sale. 

I could put more in but I believe this should suffice.  Can  you believe the cost of items?!  amazing!

Frustrated

• Posted

Oh, and by the way, Nick, I graduated high school in 1971  lolol  I lived through the hippy era and lived to tell about it!  
    • Posted

sorry to jump in here frustrated ,

just wanted to say iv read some articles on monsanto 

what bully boys they are , and god how very powerful they 

are . sorry to hear that unlike the uk and europe

they dont have to list that your food could contain gmo crops

thats desgusting you have no choice .talk about frankistein food 

i never really understood what they did to alter crops mixing animal cells with plant cells that is scary .eek

• Posted

T ~

You  don't have to apologize for jumping in.  That's what makes a discussion work  smile  I used to grow my own veggies and now I usually buy organic prodcuts.  It's expensive but now that it's just my husband and myself, it's not so bad.  

That is scary about the mixing of animal/plant...what were they thinking!!!

Warm regards,

Frustrated

• Posted

money money money . you buy they genectic altered seed you have to buy there genectic altered weed killer and so it goes on . 
    • Posted

Makes me wonder are things changing for the better, bring back the simple times and life, while medicine has improved our live's, the pace of life now is incredible and is only going to get worse
  • Posted

1998- The year CBS telecasts The Wizard of Oz for the last time. v.v But thankfuly many other channels picked it right up. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.