When can I start using moistouriser or bio oil on my scar ?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi wound has dried out staples removed . When can I. Use bio oil or creams ?

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry I should have mentioned I was told not to massage it at first as well.

What I was advised to do was put it on then tap it as if you were tapping a drum with 2 fingers up and down the scar.

Love

Eileen  UK

• Posted

Hi Mary,

As long as you are told you can soak in a bath, then you can begin the treatment.  Bio Oil is fabulous, so is Scar Gel.  And the gently rubbing it into the scar helps break up scar tissue underneath.

Dawn, USA

• Posted

I was told by the District Nurse who came to take off the dressing and stera strips to put baby lotion on it at first and also my legs and ankles to soften them.  She said to use bio oil after two months or so as the inside will be healed better by then, so that's what I have done and found it works well.  I am starting the bio oil in a couple of weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.