When did you drive again after bunion surgery? I've had left foot done

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi

I am so desperate for other people's opinions and what they did

I am five weeks post bunion operation to my left foot

I am sick of being stuck at home now really depressing and not being able to get out in the car myself

When did you drive after surgery and when did you stop wearing heel weight shoe?

I would ask my consultant , well I have left messages but they have messed my apt up so I have to wait till I'm 8 weeks past op for my nxt follow up

I can't stay in this boot

My foot is heeling fine and no pain

Any advice please

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had left foot bunion surgery on 4/12 so only 9 days out 3 screws, two toes w 2 bones cut off n redone plus shaving top n side. my question is I have manual n need to get back home which is a 25 hr drive. I can drive lil trip 2 blocks n I take care of my foot. I'm still in splint n 24 stitches taken out this thurs. I'm using a all terrain knee walker. they are wonderful. I know better to drive that far now but I'm hoping soon as it's urgent to get back home. I use a 4 leg walker when get out car n take the walker out. guess I'm asking if u think I'm being foolish. ty

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.