When does it get better

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been off ven for 2 months now and feeling so unwel. I was on antidepressants for over 32 but nothing ever worked so was put on ven as my doc said it was good for treatment resistant depression and anxiety but the side effects were horrendous. It took me a year to taper down off it and I took my last smallest possible dose 2 months ago. I thought that by now I would be feeling better, my depression and anxiety have gone through the roof and I feel so tired all the time and just complete in interested in anything is just a constant struggle. I really don't think I can stand another day of this, going back on antidepressents is not an option as I have taken every AD under the sun but all I get is bad side effects and no benifits. I have done everything I can possibly do to help myself in the last 7 years I have given up alcohol, smoking and caffeine and eat a healthy diet it all seems pointless as I know feel worse than ever in fact I'm sure that all them years on ADs has caused me permanent brain damage I would rather be dead than carry on feeling like this

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry its been a few days for response, but hope you get better support from christian counseller x

Life is so hard at times, but hopefully we will all get better and help/support to look forward and focus on happier days ahead. I know it may sound daft but have you ever thought about stones, amethyst etc which have healing for different illnesses and parts of body, if you have a wander into one of those shops or google healing stones you will get more info, just a thought xx sending a hug x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.