When hormones aren't balance/symptoms

Posted , 17 users are following.

I've been reading the yin and yang of menopause and it's really interesting. It describes different body types and what symptoms can go along with that. He also says that symptoms come, not from falling hormones, but when the three hormones get out of balance (helped through diet, herbs, emotions, haven't gotten that far yet in my reading). Thought you would find these symptoms interesting, and familiar..

Estrogen dominant symptoms: Cold (especially hands and feet), weight gain, fibroid/cyst growth, sadness/depression, muscle weakness, delayed menopause, longer menstrual cycles

Progesterone dominant symptoms: Heat (hot flashes), excessive weight loss, muscle tightness, depression/anxiety, mild acne, mood swings, breast tenderness, loss of libido

Testosterone dominant symptoms: Absence of menstrual cycle/shorter cycles, infertility, moderate/severe acne, excessive hair growth, anger/rage, early menopause, headaches

As you can see, it pretty much covers many of the symptoms we all suffer here. And in sasang medicine they believe in 7 year cycles. So in our 6th or 7th cycle (after puberty) is when our meno starts (so 42 to 49 years).

Looking back at my meno journey I can definitely see which hormone was dominant at different times. Can you?

3 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Suzanne,

My menopause journey has been crazy. Unfortunately, i dont fit into any of those catagories. All my hormones came back low. So low that the endocronologist told me i was post menopausal even tbough i had just had a oeriod the month prior. I Am now without period for 10months. Still having horrible symptoms. Mainly mine are dizziness or a feeling like I have had one too many drinks, hot flashes and night sweats, weight gain, jelly legs, itchy skin and a plethora of other symptoms. Makes you wonder when the nightmare will be over. These ate supposed to be the GOLDEN YEARS.

• Posted

I had the endocrinologist tell me the same, and then the next week I got my period too!

I really think it's just too difficult to figure out where our hormones are at by testing. It never seems to be accurate.

According to this doctor you can experience rise and fall of each hormone and fall in to any of those categories at any time. So the goal is to be balanced regardless of if your levels are low or high.

And boy, I hear you. So far my 50s have been a total bust. I can count on my two hands the days I've felt ok. Just the pits. Suffering currently with frozen shoulder, joint pains, muscle aches, hot flashes that make me dizzy and sick, waking with headaches at 5 AM, and neverending feeling like I've got some bad flu.

• Posted

Thats very interesting...i have always been told that i was Estrogen Dominant, but i havent been cold since the birth of my first child in 1990 - Hah! in fact, i run so hot & have multiple hot flashes/flushes a day - but all other symptoms i do serm to have - i am going to try & order the book - does it mention, tingling,burning,electrical buzzing in any of the different body types?

• Posted

Well I'm leaving big parts out. it discusses how hormones affect you if you are a yin body type or a yang body.

The different body types are determine what organs rule your body and which are weak. It does name lots of other symptoms we all suffer from, even frozen shoulder, palpitations, autoimmune diseases that arise, and more. It's just good to see that someone out there acknowledges our symptoms beyond the few most doctors know about. I do think most of us who suffer the most are yin body types.

Will let you know what he suggests for help. I'm only at the part where you take a quiz to see what you are.

• Posted

Interesting! I definitely think I'm estrogen dominant except for the weight gain (so far...knock on wood!). I'm 54 and still getting periods. I wonder what it will feel like when it is over.

• Posted

I'm yin and estrogen dominant but a few years ago I lost 30 pounds when I changed my diet. I think if you really watch what you eat you won't gain weight. Although I did used to be able to eat anything and never gain, not the case now!

• Posted

This is very interesting, thank you!!

Following so I can see all the updates!

• Posted

Thank you for the good information suzanne I love all types of research stuff and alot of that sounds right on Im sure that is pretty accurate not everyone will get all symptoms and we also change constently!!!! hugs to all

• Posted

Susane thank you for sharing this. Its very informative.

• Posted

I have one q its nice to know by our symptoms we know which hormone is low in our body..plzz suggest how to balance it ? Is HRT only solution ??

• Posted

After you determine if you are yin or yang type a or b, they recommend certain foods and herbs. No to hrt.

• Posted

There are women from all over the globe on this forum but I can't think of any Asian.

• Posted

It's very interesting and I am going to look into it further.

I also am curious how you truly balance, as I have symptoms in all 3 dominance categories.

Thanks for sharing this!

• Posted

Yes, I have symptoms in all as well. It depends on which hormone is plummeting at the time leaving the others higher. Haven't done more reading yet, when I try and read at night I start seeing double. That's new too! Got special reading glasses with prisms but still see double. Arghh

Hopefully the herbs aren't some crazy chinese herbs that we won't be able to find!

• Posted

I see double also now while reading or watching videos like YouTube, I stop for a while until it fixes itself , this is all so frustrating!!! Very interesting post, would love to fix my symptoms with diet..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.