When hormones aren't balance/symptoms

Posted , 17 users are following.

I've been reading the yin and yang of menopause and it's really interesting. It describes different body types and what symptoms can go along with that. He also says that symptoms come, not from falling hormones, but when the three hormones get out of balance (helped through diet, herbs, emotions, haven't gotten that far yet in my reading). Thought you would find these symptoms interesting, and familiar..

Estrogen dominant symptoms: Cold (especially hands and feet), weight gain, fibroid/cyst growth, sadness/depression, muscle weakness, delayed menopause, longer menstrual cycles

Progesterone dominant symptoms: Heat (hot flashes), excessive weight loss, muscle tightness, depression/anxiety, mild acne, mood swings, breast tenderness, loss of libido

Testosterone dominant symptoms: Absence of menstrual cycle/shorter cycles, infertility, moderate/severe acne, excessive hair growth, anger/rage, early menopause, headaches

As you can see, it pretty much covers many of the symptoms we all suffer here. And in sasang medicine they believe in 7 year cycles. So in our 6th or 7th cycle (after puberty) is when our meno starts (so 42 to 49 years).

Looking back at my meno journey I can definitely see which hormone was dominant at different times. Can you?

3 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you for sharing. I just ordered the book. So wouldn't being progesterone dominant mean you are low on estrogen?

• Posted

If you are a more yang body type, you would tend to be more progesterone or testosterone dominant. Yin would be estrogen dominant.

So we need to find the balance of yin and yang.

• Posted

can u plzz tell me how much price of book ?? Thinking to buy......is it available online also ??

• Posted

I got mine at amazon. It's paperback, maybe you can get a used one. If you cant find it I could send you mine when I'm finished with it.

• Posted

ok mam..Thanks

I saw review of this book on you tube.

this book look very informative.

Thanks

will buy

• Posted

Thank u sooo much my dear..Soo sweet of u

i will buy from amazon 🙏🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.