When were all your surgeries and how are you all getting on?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all healing and doing really well x

I thought it would be interesting to get to know others at similar points in their recovery and hear of their experience so far...also to hear from people who are further along the recovery line and how they feel as each week progresses.

It will give us that are in the early stages some light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully give some support and reassurance to those that need it.

I'll start...I'm 5 days post op today...I had a double bunionectomy with permanent screws inserted. So far the pain has been bearable but when I walk with the gorgeous Jimmy Choo like boots and crutches...I'm barely coping. Keeping the walking to a minimum to say the least!

My next appointment is in 2 wks time and so I'll just be riding the wave until then. I'm dreading having my stitches out already but that's a worry for a different day lol.

How is everyone else?

Much love

Dee

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

6 months post op, I had metatarsel fusion with bunion shaping, I have a plate and 5 screws.

I can walk but I limp, my foot no longer gets calloused but the incisions do burn and I wonder if it is nerves reconnecting. I can walk and hike but need to rest and elevate as it still swells. I was told to do my other foot but that one doesn't hurt and honestly doesn't look bad or feel bad. So that is being put on hold. I need to get to where I can walk without pain or a limp.

I don't know it was painful before the surgery...so I needed to do it. But it still throbs. I know mine was more than a bunion surgery and I will get through this.

• Posted

I hope this is some consolation but a friend had a similar op to yours and a year to the day she said the swelling stopped. I know it's a long time to wait but, fingers crossed, you'll look back and think it was worth it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.