When will I be back to normal after a hysterectomy?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm booked in for a hysterectomy in 2 weeks time. How long will I be in hospital and when will I get back to normal fitness? 

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sarah what type of hysterectomy are you having?
    • Posted

As this depends on healing ♥️
    • Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply! 

I'm having uterus removed as I have a 8cm fibroid. I'm also having a hernia repair. Hopefully I'm retaining everything else. 

I'm fretting about not being able to do much as I'm a single mum. 

• Posted

Ahhh cool same as me but I had no hernia repair. I had it done via keyhole though. I can comment on how long it will take as I didn't have open surgery but it can take up to 12 weeks and the internal healing longer. I advise you to research arnica and not to over do it. Good luck with it all, you'll feel so much better when it's all sorted! I know I did! ??

• Posted

That's such a lovely reassuring message thank you. 

I'm glad you feel better. 

How long ago did you have it done? And how has it improved things? 

• Posted

I can reassure you it's not as scary as you imagine! I was terrified but the nurses and surgeons etc were amazing!! You'll be just fine! It's painful afterwards but nothing compared to having a baby haha! Plus the meds make you feel floaty and relaxed! I had mine on May the 3rd so roughly 4 months ago and I felt better almost immediately from the mass that was removed and now I'm like my old self energy wise! I still get a bloated achey stomach if I do too much! I guess it's the bodies way of telling you off haha! Happy to answer any questions you have ! Pm me if you like. I found this forum so helpful before my op! ??

• Posted

I don't know if it's my hormones going haywire or anxiety but your message has just made me fill up!! 

I've heard so many scary stories I've got my knickers in a right twist about it! I'm so glad you feel better because that will make it all worthwhile! Thank you for your support 👍🏼

• Posted

Oh bless you my lovely!! People shouldn't post scary stories it's not nice for people to read plus everyone's experience is different. I can't promise you your experience will be the same as mine but I can support you through it! We need to support each other through such worrying times! It'll be ok ??. I felt like you too! But all was good x

• Posted

Thank you!! 

It's like having my hand held virtually!! 

I know I'm being irrational now but I was so excited at first to be finally getting sorted. Now I'm fretting that I'll be a mardy bum from orgasm deprivation. At least the early onset altzheimers will help me forget what they felt like! 

• Posted

You're welcome! I can assure you it all works well for me in fact better due to no massive fibroid pressure! You'll be fine ! X

• Posted

That was one report I read that you are more likely to get Alzheimer's after a hysterectomy. 😔

• Posted

Wow that sounds pretty crazy! Hopefully we won't! Haha x

• Posted

What strength arnica did you use and frequency please X I intend to take arnica after my op X it's my all time go to remedy X 

• Posted

It's fantastic isn't it! I took 30c every hour for a day as soon as I woke up! Then two to three times a day for a week x

• Posted

Yes always have it in X thanks Hun X I do have 200mg in and was thinking of one if them straight after op xx I have peppermint tea in too 😄

• Posted

That'll be bang on!! Take one before too! Wishing you well and healing vibes ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.