When will I be back to normal after a hysterectomy?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm booked in for a hysterectomy in 2 weeks time. How long will I be in hospital and when will I get back to normal fitness? 

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sarah , I am due mine on Wednesday . I am having cervix / uterus removed and my pelvic muscles stitch back , through vagina . (All being well ).

I have been told take up 6/8 weeks to recover if not longer .

My aim is be back in work within 6 weeks , but will do what my body says .

Wish you well with yours x

• Posted

Hi Julie, 

That's the same as me but I'm having open surgery. 

What are your reasons for the surgery? 

• Posted

Hi Sarah mines down to prolapse womb . How come it's open surgery ? . 

All this could possible happen to me suppose depends on what they find x

• Posted

I have a fibroid that is too large to remove by laparoscopy. 

Do you know what caused the prolapse? 

• Posted

Hi Sarah yes birth of my  5 sons , I had twins , one was delivered by forceps . Also lifting heavy things as not helped . 

Can you believe my op day before our anniversary x 

• Posted

Oh no that's tough luck! 

You'll have to do your celebrating on Tuesday! 

Good luck with the op! 

Sarah 

• Posted

Reckon I'll be nervous wreck Tuesday to be celebrating lol . All best with your op to . Keep in touch I will let you know how I get on x

• Posted

I sure will. Try to think of the long term big picture. It has to happen! 

Just enjoy the rest from the drudgery! I'm going to milk it! 

X

• Posted

Has your consultant not let you know ? 

I'm going fir pre op next month but last time I saw my consultant she said I would have op on the Monday and all being well be home Wednesday , but will need 12 weeks off work X 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.