Where are all the positive supportive people?

Posted , 14 users are following.

I'm starting mirtazapine for the first time ever tonight....someone please tell me how well it has worked for you! I can't stand thinking there's only sadness, anxiety and depression waiting for me!

0 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I started taking 30mg Mirt. and it made me a lot worse. However my doctor prescribed me 15mg mirt. for two weeks to get off them so that I wouldn't suffer any withdrawal. After the two weeks on a lower dose my mood was significantly higher. Ie. Going from writing my suicide note to doing great in college and running 50km a week and feeling excellent. I am also taking 5mg stilnoct to help me sleep at night but hope to be only taking 15mg Mirt. As of April 14. This medicine is truly working wonders in my life and i intend on taking it for at least three more months and then consider lowering the dose to get off the medication. In terms of weight gain: this is a common side effect that you most likely will experience but a lot of exercise will keep this under control.

good luck and hope this helps

Chris

• Posted

I forgot to mention that i have been taking 15mg mirt. for about 5 weeks now. Plus don't consume alcohol!! When i would drink alcohol (more then two glass of wine) i seemed to feel terrible for about 3-4 days. So now i do not drink alcohol at all.
  • Posted

Very happy for you Chris - what I wouldn't give to have a similar end result! Thanks for the feel good reply - it means so much to hear this doesn't have to be forever -I can relate to how low you got but I hope that's behind you now! I hope you have done something wonderful for yourself to celebrate your improvement 😊
  • Posted

Where are you writing from btw? I'm in Aus.
  • Posted

Good morning, may people take many different reaction, ive been on 15mg Mirt for 45 days, my mood within days uplifted, my leep is better and cant complain, a lot of people have negative reactions/struggle to deal with mirt. You're in the right place for support, so fear not.
  • Posted

Fear not - if only it were that simple Damien. Thanks for adding some positive spin 😊
  • Posted

i always try to be optimistic smile
  • Posted

Needed - and appreciated!
  • Posted

Feel the positivity, send ing lots of nice thoughts your way smile
  • Posted

Where are you writing from Damien?
  • Posted

Scotland, edinburgh, a lovely day keeps a brightened mood
  • Posted

Hi nuffy

I think I would say it's best to look at the bigger picture with taking mirtazapine or any antidepressant for that matter. In the beginning people can have issues with side-effects as their body gets used to the drug or some find it's not suitable for them and have to try another, but after a while of taking it many have an overall improvement.

I've been taking 30mg mirtazapine for 2 months now, I did have some problems in the early weeks but it's been worth putting up with that to feel an overall improvement. It is still causing me some tiredness at the moment but I can put it with that for now if it means feeling happier and less anxiety.

Also, remember that most posts will be made because someone has concerns or problems that they need advice and support for, it's unlikely that someone will just make a post to say everything's fine.

Hope your treatment goes well for you smile

• Posted

Hey I was on mirt 15 and within days felt better... after 5 weeks was upped to 30... wld have to say not really much different from 15 but now back at work... I was on this drug 8 yrs ago for two yrs totally recovered and extremely well for 6 yrs through a nursing degree ..... so come on ano it's very very difficult in the hard times but positively for this drug all the way... its good to talk nuffy chin up.....
  • Posted

Took my first dose of mirt 15mg last night. Actually got a decent nights sleep and the day has been ok but have bizarrely felt as weak as a kitten all day and now feeling really drowsy. Just hanging on to the thought though that it'll come good in the end! ....
  • Posted

Drowsiness shld only last couple of days hang in there....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.