Where can I buy Baclofen in Cape Town South Africa?

Posted , 18 users are following.

I am trying to stop drinking.  I have been to a clinic before and attended AA meetings. I researhed Baclofen and saw that some patients had success with their drinking problem, when they took Baclofen.  My GP will not prescribe it for me, not to treat my drinking problem, and I am desperate to at least give it a try. Where or how can I obtain Baclofen? Can anybody please assist me?

Thnaking you in advance. I really need help.

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I see the last comment was 5 months ago. I am also looking. My friend too. She has resorted to buying the meds online from India ( I am skeptical).

Have you tried Ibogaine or Ayuascha? I have done both with amazing results.

Sad to say I'm one of the very few (like 1%) who eventually relapsed. But I know from where and why this has happened. They work the same as the meds do by rewiring the neural pathways of the brain.

I am also trying to work through it with therapy sessions. I have done EMDR Therapy which helped extensively with my grief and trauma. There are a few therapists out there who can work specifically with addiction so I am told.

Side Bar, I quit smoking 14 days ago. I listened to a hypnosis video on Youtube. There seem to be a few for Alcohol but the one I tried didn't Gel. Not sure if the hypnosis helped (It has not in past), or if for the first time in my life it made better sense to not live in want for another cig. So far so good.

PM me for any contact info you would like for the above.

Good Luck Guys! We can do this.

• Posted

Are you looking for Naltrexone, Jacinda? Which country are you from? It's available in Mexico under the brand Arrop and they call it "Naltrexona". It mainly seems to be available at pharmacies around Mexico City, but I'm sure if you print out the page on the Arrop brand a local pharmacy could order it for you.

• Posted

Hi ADEfree

I am based in Johannesburg South Africa. (The Pseudonym is probably very misleading 😃 )

The challenge seems to be finding a GP who is willing to prescribe it.

Mine once prescribed Antabuse no problem. I found it made me feel nauseous and anxious. I had a glass f wine on it to test exactly how sick he meant sick was.

Well. I rang the ambulance a few hours later, They never arrived because South Africa. Would have been a bit embarrasing if they did. ANd I am busy dying from stupidity.

I will keep asking around.

• Posted

Hi, has anyone found a doc in Cape Town that prescribes this or Naltrexone or Vivitrol? Thanks

• Posted

Dr Rodger Meyer

29 Kenilworth Road

Kenilworth

Cape Town

+27 21 762 2425

or a little further away from you, but also a brilliant doctor when it comes to understanding naltrexone......

Dr Lindi

Olympus Medical

941 Henley Street

Pretoria

+27 12 991 7080

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.