Where can I have a laser haemorrhoidoplasty?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi. How can I find which U.K. hospitals offer laser haemorrhoidoplasty (LHP)? I have grade 3 or 4 haemorrhoids and this procedure seems to be much preferable to the traditional haemorrhoidectomy. Has anyone had LHP and how did it go?

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have done my LHP two weeks ago, in a private hospital in Malaysia. I would say that im quite satisfied with the result. 
    • Posted

Hello.. How much does it total cost in Ringgit malaysia ? Which private hospital? I think i want to get laser hemorrhoidoplasty.

• Posted

The operation itself+day care+medication cost me around rm8k 1 and a half year ago. I did it in Sunway medical centre.

• Posted

What stage do you have? Internal or external? How its now?Do you satisfied with the laser hemorrhoidoplasty after 1 and half years.?

• Posted

I have stage 3 internal hemorrhoid. Laser hemorrhoidoplasty is only suitable for stage 1-3 Internal HAEMORRHOIDS.

Im doing pretty good now. No bumps coming out after bowel movement. However, it doesn't guarantee that you will not get haemorrhoids after that. If you still having constipation / no regular bowel habit, the haemorrhoids will return.

• Posted

Good to hear your result.. How many years have you got hemorrhoid before taking action to get the laser surgery?

• Posted

One question.. Could i asked for ward admissions with dr choong because my insurance only cover warded cases.. If not admit to ward then i must pay first 8-10k cash cost which is i cannot afford it.. So could i discuss with the Dr choong to warded me?

• Posted

Yes, of course u can discuss with Dr chong and I think he will understand your situation. Have u done your first check up with Dr chong?

• Posted

Not yet.. How are you right now. Is it hemorrhoids still occur?

• Posted

Hi

I just did my LHP 5 days ago. The results was satisfying and is minimal pain other than below.

I experienced pain during bowel movement and sometimes there are some blood in it. And I am having difficulty in seating as it can be quite painful.

Do anyone here experience such problem? And how you all seat?

Thank you.

• Posted

what country are you in? was this done in the UK or EU?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.