Where is the 'bar'?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Tomorrow I might be in trouble. I don't know whether or not to tell mental health everything or not. I have had 3 episodes of where I just lost control. And they've been quite recent. All I know is that this life seems like imprisonment enough, I no longer view being locked in a cell helpful in anyway. What do I do? Tell everything? When apart from the obvious in killing somebody do they intervene and not give you a choice in being put away?

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Nick, I'm not sure where in the world you live.. But I'm in the UK.

I'm sorry I can't give a detailed respones right now, as I'm not in a good place myself.

I have Schizophrenia, which causes many issues including depression, anxiety and persistent suicidal thoughts.

My mental health nurse/case manager knows about the suicidal thoughts, as does my psychiatrist. We talk about them every week.

I also suffer from fits of anger which lead to rage and then self harm. The anger is with myself and my conditions, and me not being able to solve them myself and medication not helping at all.

So I only ever take my aggression out on myself.. I'd absolutely never hurt others. Again my mental health team know all this.

The only time they sectioned me was earlier in the year, when I actually set off driving to the place where I was going to end my life.

Nothing else I've done has ever lead to a section 2.

There isn't any help in hospital apart from meds, there's no real therapy sessions or anything like that.

All the help is actually in the community. So where possible, the CMHTs ramp up home treatment with CRISIS teams and your usual workers.

For several reasons.. Unless you're an immediate danger to yourself or others, you're not likely to be sectioned.

I hope this eases your mind a little. Take care

• Posted

I keep forgetting its 2016. When I said about the sectioning 'earlier in the year'.. I meant early on in 2015

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.