which brand of mirtazapine works best

Posted , 17 users are following.

I’ve been on Mirtazapine for about a year, take 45mg. It doesn’t seem to work as well as it first did. I also have epilepsy and take two med for it and had break through seizures recently. I can only afford the generics, the name brands cost $1300/mo. I looked through the web and found people complain about which generic manufactures people complained about and which ones they liked or non of the above compared to the real stuff. I’m going to my Dr. today and ask him to wrote down which generic manufacture I want me to take my prescription refill. Apparently all generics are not the same.

So the question is has anyone experienced or noticed the same thing with Mirtazapine manufactures. I haven’t kept track with which generic I’ve been taking. Currently the manufacture I am using is made by Aurobindo which I found out is made in India. People in the anti-seizure forums complained about India manufactures. I assume each generic also has to be different form other generics and India seems to be at the bottom of the list. Has anyone noticed who makes the generics you take and any difference?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

17 years ago I had a breakdown,and suffered deppresion,I was prescribed many antidepresant from my gp,but nothing worked for me.Si I desired to see a private phyciatrist.He prescribed Matazapin from a different manafacturer"merk sharp &dohme ltd"after taking the first tablet,I woke to find,the panic I suffered as soon as I opened my key,shad completely gone.AND I FELT LIKE A NEW PERSON.THE PHYCIATRIST MADE IT CLEAR,THAT I WOULD STRUGGLE,TO GET THIS MEDICATION ON THE NNHS.BUT HE SAI THE DOCTOR WILL ALWAYS PRESCRIBE THE CHEAPEST BRAND.SO THAT I SHOULD INSIST ON KEEPING TO BRAND.I HAVE STRUGLED ,BUT MANAGED UP TIL NOW.THAT WAS UNTIL WITHOU NOTIE,SUDENLY,THE CHEMIST WAS UNABLE TO MAKE FURTHER ORDERS.I FONED THE MANAFACTURES,AND WAS TOLD,THAT THE MEDICATION,HAD BEEN DISSCONTINUED.NOW THE DOCTOR HAS TO PRESCRIBE A DIFERANT MATAZAPIN.I ASK HIM TO NOT PRESCRIBE A CHEAP BRAND,AND HE SAID,IT WAS UP TO THE CHEMIST.I HAVE SPENT DAYS ON INTERNET,AND DICOVRED,THE CHEMIST IS ABLIGED,TO PRESCRIBE,THE CHEAPEST BRAND,OWING TO THE NHS BUGET.THERE ARE SO MANY MANAFACTURES THAT PRODUCE MATAZIpin,I am in the prosess of trying to find the best.but I am in a state of panic right now,and without any support.I hope this helps with your question,and look forward to your reply.and just for the record,matazipin can cost anually for 1 patient from £2,50 up to £200+.Kind regards Eavybabe

• Posted

I know this is a very old post but I'm in the same boat. There's only generics of Mirtazapine in the UK and I've found only one brand that seems to work for me. Milpharm. It's the only brand that helps me sleep and as soon as I try any other generic it has zero effect on my sleep and I immediately begin to feel worse. It's like it's a sugar pill and it feels like I almost immediately start going into withdrawals. Mad I know, but that's how it is. This makes me nervous as manufacturers drop medications from their catalogues all the time, so I'm trying to find an alternative that works.

Has anyone else had this experience, and if so which generics work the best for you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.