Which is the worst time of the day for you

Posted , 15 users are following.

Mine is first thing in the morning when I wake

1 like, 85 replies

85 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Same with me. Feel groggy all morning and takes me ages to get going. Never really feel alert until after lunch. Have started eating lunch early which helps then I feel like have a bit energy between 12 and 3 when I try and do things then it's gone again and have to rest/sleep. Weirdly my mind seems to be more alert later when I should be getting ready for bed!!
    • Posted

Hi Elaine. Once I get up sometimes groggy, shower, have some breakfast I am ok. Mid Afternoon I run out of energy, Seems to effect my eyes more than anything else. So the pattern is very similar.

Just remember we will beat this thing

• Posted

Me too!  When I awake I feel like I have been drugged.  It takes till the afternoon to shake that feeling off and be able to walk properly (safely) and actually do anything without hurting myself.  I do feel mor alert in the evening but unfortunately the energy reserves are very low so it does take a lot out of me to do anything.  People just don't understand how bad it can be - or why it is like that at all.  It is so difficult to just live, if you know what I mean.
  • Posted

I am exactly the same as you Elaine. Terrible in a morning, best times between about 12-2 then tired at teatime but active mind at bedtime. I never plan anything for a morning and friends know not to call me until after 10am x
  • Posted

Hi there,

I seem to be much worse than most... I can never get out of bed until 1:30ish. At best I can scan emails like this from bed.  Any sooner and my head feels terrible and I have no energy at all.  

If I am washed and dressed by 4pm I am having a good day.

If I'm going to get any energy in the day it'll be around 4pm, but that's not saying much... It is usually around this time I feel at my best too...

This crap is just so weird and am fed up trying to explain it to people who all seem to have the attitude I should justify and explain my situation to them as if they are medically qualified to understand it - bloody cheek really.  I bet they wouldn't like me making them explain and justify any part of their life!  Excuse the wee rant!

• Posted

That's a really good way of explaining it haziej, why should we have to justify ourselves just because the medical profession doesn't understand our diease yet! eek
    • Posted

Rant on if you need to. Yes you are far worse than I am. It has worried me that was not at the bottom of the pit. I am glad to say I have been fealing a little better  over the last few days so perhaps I have reached the bottom and has started coming back.
    • Posted

It shouldn't make a difference even if the medical profession did understand M.E. I bet people would still expect us to justify our situation to them.

Like you can explain anything as complex and far reaching to anyone in 2 short sentences.  You cannot relate this nonsense to anyone because it is like nothing else in the world that they will have experienced.  And for this reason they doubt it can be that bad like they've experienced everything awful you can experience!

Action For ME did a poster a long time ago which went something like this -

"You have the  'flu and

You have the worst hangover ever

And you just ran a marathon - how do you feel?" - Like someone with M.E."

That's as close as you can get really....

Sorry it's a day of rants!

• Posted

Rant away! I have my rants believe me! eek

If the medical profession took ME seriously so would the public. I doubt that people with MS or Cancer feel the need to explain their ailments, no, because the doctors take their conditions seriously so does everyone else.

And people don't know how they feel either.

• Posted

Hi hazziej,  you sound just like my husband.  He cannot function at all in the mornings - period.  He's doing really well if he can function by 4:00 p.m. but it's usually more like 5:30 p.m.  And for him (who has had the illness for almost 30 years) functioning is just getting up, and making it into the living room on the couch, and then a couple of hours later, sometimes he can wash & brush his teeth.  But it took him over 25 years of having the illness to be able to get to this point where he can actually do this!
    • Posted

Hi Sandy,

yeah does sound similar to me.  I've had this for 25 yrs, since I was 18 yrs so it has stollen so much from me...but we keep on keeping going eh!

• Posted

Mine's when I wake after my afternoon sleep; I feel a lot worse then than when I wake up in the mornings. An occupational therapist explained it that it's because in the afternoon it's not as full and deep a sleep.

Do you sleep through the night?

• Posted

Hi Georgia

Only just recently managed to sleep through the night. I take one 10mg Amitriptyline tablet. I also think its the state of mind when I go to bed.

• Posted

I may have said this before but I take Valerian before I go to sleep at night and I usually sleep through till morning, and that's when I have the most energy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.