Which is the worst time of the day for you

Posted , 15 users are following.

Mine is first thing in the morning when I wake

1 like, 85 replies

85 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm still a morning person, despite the M.E.. I tend always to wake up early, about six o'clock and as long as I start fairly gently I'm at my best through the morning till about 11.30 - 12.00 when things usually start to go downhill.

I invariably have a half-hour doze at about twelve, which definitely helps, and then make sure I take the rest of the day very easy indeed. Any jobs that need doing, including as many of my health appointments as possible, I try to arrange for the mornings but if that's not possible and they have to be done in the afternoon then I know I'll pay the price for a few days....

I think that conserving as much energy as possible and planning days well in advance, makes the ME/CFS as good as it can, be but as we know, life isn't always that easy and things always come out of the blue to mess up the plans...

I think that it's important to let people know when you're best times of day are, so that they don't intrude any more than necessary at times that are tiring and difficult to cope with.

• Posted

Good tip Mike! Everyone knows not to phone me in the afternoons when I have a 2 hour sleep.
  • Posted

Also terrible on waking, feel as if l,m fighting to wake up and not go back to sleep, heavy, groggy, dress sitting on side of bed, wait, shuffle into kitchen for tea and biscuit from then on its at bet an hour to come round, sometimes 2-3 hrs, to functioning,  Sometimes in aft or eve just sit back on sofa and away l go, barely aware till l wake up 30min to  2hrs later, and times passed by.Yesterday slept 2hrs aft, woke groggy thought it was 6am, felt my clothes on and wondered why, finally shook it off enough to realise 6pm. and tuesday, Like you Shreddie l feel as if l,m drugged, and not fit for anything, tried to make a simple meal, disjointed then didnt want it.  Evenings a bit better and yes come bedtime dont sleep well, perverse.  Can just about remember waking up and feeling bright alert and raring to go, good few years since, Shreddie l think  we know what you mean, every natural thing is harder to do, more of  a challenge and battle.  Fine weather a help, sunny without being hot. 
    • Posted

It does help to know that someone else understands how you feel because without that acknowledgement, you would start to think your were crazy!!  Unfortunately for me, I also have skin sarcoidosis which flares up in sunny weather so I have to enjoy the fine days from the shade.
    • Posted

Your right it helps a lot to know others understand, it does help to keep some sort of sanity rather than if you were on your own brooding about it. not helped if youve a gp who,s casual about symptoms, diagnoses and treatment.  l didnt feel too bad this morning, did a decent tidy up, this afternoon its like the blankets come down on top of me, l love sunny warm days, but do have to sit in shade, not due to skin condition, just cant tolerate baking heat, and  recalling that l,ve always looked for shade in summer for years, made jokes about dracula, didnt associate with a health problem, still  nice to sit in shady areas, under trees where there,s a breeze is  really nice.  Dont need it today, very dull and rainy. Hope your having a decentish day
  • Posted

Mornings but also nights when I cannot sleep no matter what I do and when I do sleep I can't get good deep sleep just really vivid dreams like watching television for hours and hours.
    • Posted

Occassionally I can't get to sleep at night and it's usually when I have something on my mind and I can't stop thinking. I find it's best not to just lie there trying to sleep because that makes it worse.

My laptop slides over my bed on a table and I watch a programme until I'm sleepy then turn it off and drop off.

• Posted

no. it has to do with being in a flare. part of fibro insomnia. i have both fibro and me.
  • Posted

Worst time for me is morning. Here's the strange part. In the middle of the night, maybe midnight and after, my symptoms get better. So lately, my husband and I have been going out to an all-night coffe shop for pancakes at that time. Otherwise, I'm homebound.
    • Posted

l also feel a bit better in late evening. Making the best of your ok time sounds good to me, great your husband supports you and you enjoy the most posative times together, sounds like fun enjoying late night treats.
    • Posted

we do that too! we go for long drives. the guy at the drive thru who works at 3 am knows us now.
    • Posted

Yeah. The waitress at the coffee shop knows us too. I think of it as a kind of late-night adventure.
    • Posted

When I am well enough to do so I shop in the middle of the night in the 24hr Asda.  It is understandably quiet except for the staff restocking shelves.  They got to know me and are super helpful if I want something which is still to be restocked.  Often staff have gone to fetch things for me.  Also, customers at night are expected to use the self serve checkouts but if I have overdone it a bit they will open a checkout and help me to pack.  

• Posted

Yes, I realise how lucky I am.  I think they can see I struggle a bit and of course there are only a few customers at night.  Normally I am the only one with a (small) trolley!  The other customers are usually looking for one or two items.  Luckily too I have my grown sons to carry the shopping in and unpack for me when I get home.   I don't know about you but I can get confused and anxious if there are lots of people around.  It all gets too much for me during the day.
    • Posted

If crowded in supermarkets drives me mad, people in the way, or  taking an age on one section of disply, and sure they think same about me, as l hang on to my essential trolley, couldnt do without it. We had a 24hr asda, not used late night myself, but  l find the staff there very good, helpful and pleasant.  Glad your sons support you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.