WHITE BLOOD CELLS BUT NO INFECTION

Posted , 4 users are following.

My first MSU was reported as contaminated and had to be repeated. My second test showed no infection but there were white blood cells present which is not the first time. I am due to have a cystoscooy on Monday but I want to cancel it because I think white blood cells in my urine without infection means I have bladder/kidney cancer and I am really terrified and cannot eat or sleep.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What are your symptoms? I'm having side pain and lower back pain but infection is negative so I'm so nervous myself. What else can the pain be from?

• Posted

I was admitted to hospital a few weeks ago with severe abdominal and groin pain and pain when passing urine.  It was thought I had stones but blood tests, ultrasound scan and transvaginal scan were OK but I did have blood in my urine.  I was discharged with antibiotics for a urine infection and advised to see my GP. My pain improved but did not go away and my urine still showed White blood cells present. I have been seen by a urologist who tested my urine again and when it still showed white blood cells present he booked me in for a cystoscopy which I am having done on Monday if I am brave enough to go through with it because I am terrified of what may be wrong with me.  I can't tell you what is causing your pain but go and see your GP and get it checked out. Let me know how you get on.

• Posted

I know it's nerve wrecking, I have sonogram and ultrasound on Tuesday. Hope all is clear

And I hope all goes well with you. Good luck

• Posted

Nerve wrecking is an understatement as far as I am concerned.  Hope all goes well for you on Tuesday - I will be thinking about you. Take care.
    • Posted

Yes I am so nervous and nerves make it worse. Please go.. I'm sure it's the nerves getting the best of you. You sound like me. I'm always nervous

• Posted

I've just had a phone call from the hospital my 12.30 appointment is now 3,00pm, even more time to chicken out of going! Take care of yourself.

• Posted

Believe me I'm just as nervous as you. I can't understand why I'm getting the pain.

• Posted

I had a sleepless night worrying about today and was actually sick when I got up. Then I received a telephone call from the hospital CANCELLING my procedure  because the machine has broken down. They will be in touch in a few days to rebook my appointment, more worrying, sleepless nights and uneaten meals.

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow, I will be thinking about you and would love to know how you get on.

Take care of yourself.

• Posted

Wow Lynn what are the odds of that happening, yes please go get yourself checked. I'm so so nervous for tomorrow, I wish its over with. Good luck to you

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. Will be thinking about you tomorrow. Let me know how you get on. Take care
    • Posted

I will keep in touch. What are other signs for you? I'm hoping mine is nithing also. But I think our nerves are getting the best of us. I was never this person.

I hope you go and get results and it can be all over .

• Posted

Good morning

No results yet, I'm waitin which is horrible

I hope i just get the all clear call.

The tech that was helping me was NOT the nicest which made it all harder.

• Posted

Sorry your experience was not a good one.

It must be really nerve racking waiting for you results, how long do you have to wait?

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

My cystoscopy has been rearranged for 7th, hope the equipment is working this time!

Take care and keep in touch.

• Posted

How are you feeling?

Well she must of read my charts and I was supposed to go back to check a cyst 4 to 6 weeks later, which I never did. So she proceeds to say after I asked , it was a cyst right? She says (before examination) it WAS a cyst then. Who says that? She didn't say a word to me the whole time. Just so uncomfortable, and of course I'm thinking the worse.

Not sure, I can get results today, I'm sure. Just so nervous to wait.

How about yourself? Still feeling the same?

• Posted

I would be just the same as you, thinking the worst but hoping you have got it wrong.

Hope you soon get your results.

I am still feeling the same but thanks for asking.

• Posted

Are you taking anything?

Life is just crazy.. getting ready to go to dentist, I'm in shower thinking just a few months ago I was running 3 miles at the gym, now I can't even lift a 2 pound weight because of the gnawing bottomless feeling i now have mid stomach.

• Posted

Still waiting on results.

My doctor was not in yesterday. I'm still hoping that if it was something really bad they would have contacted her.

• Posted

Sorry you are still waiting.  Take care and try to remain positive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.