White rice like specs in stool

Posted , 5 users are following.

imageHello, I have been diagnosed with IBS and often have abdominal pain. I also have hemorrhoids and itchy anus area. I started noticing white specs in my stool occasionally. this time I got a decent up close picture. Has anyone seen this before? do they look like parasites?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

yes it does look like parasites and the major symptom could be itchy anus...as the eggs are hatching...,

thread worm....most likely. it needs medical attention. its not life threatening in most cases but please contact your gp asap. and if you get treatment it should be given to people close you to you as well....as they are most likely infected too.

best of luck

• Posted

Could be undigested food particles. Do a food diary to see if any foods are not digesting well.

• Posted

hi Pippa! long time, no problems on my end haha. I thought so too at first. fuel to my IBS and poor diet past few weeks. I assumed itching was due to my hemorrhoids. have you ever seen anything like this? they do not look like the pics I see online of worms. I sent doc a pic too.

• Posted

I haven't seen anything like this. However, food particles can appear in your stools with IBS and haemorrhoids can itch too. Your doctor is the best person to interpret the picture.

• Posted

they are defo eggs and small "hatchlings". itchy anus first symptom....then small white objects like this... deworming treatment will fix this..note the deworming will not kill eggs but only worms so it must be taken untill they are all daed.

• Posted

To me they look like grainy specks which at first glance look more like food particles. Since there are different opinions on this, only a doctor can correctly interpret this photo.

• Posted

maybe this picture is a bit easier to see. I will see if I see anything today.

• Posted

Hi Ed, I have sent the pic to my GP and will do the tape test I. read about online. with that said the itching is not necessarily new. I have had that now for quite some time, over a year. about when my hemorrhoids began I believe. I had a colonoscopy around that time and nothing was mentioned about parasites. However, since I have not seen these white specs before I am not discrediting the possibility of parasites. I did not realize we could see the eggs.

• Posted

the hemeroids aint hemeroids i can bet on it. they are eggs that are growing in your collon....do they apear and disapear randomly? small bleeding is a symptom as when the egss hatch it become more itchy...and then new wave is being layed...again people can have them for years.... usually small kids... they will not go on its own.

• Posted

and to add you will see the eggss only in "breading period" aka only when they are there....they are under skin then the skin burst and they are being spread further down ...and out to another potential individual...thats how you get infected and thats how you infect others....the swollen part of collon is often confused as hemeroids... anyway....let me know your end result but in my eyes its easy fix. and relatively common

ed

• Posted

Once again, the picture doesn't tell a great deal as to whether they are eggs or food particles. Your best bet is to wait to see what your doctor says. He or she is more likely to give an accurate answer. We are not doctors on this site and can't give you an accurate diagnosis. Did your doctor tell you that you have haemorrhoids or are you assuming you have them? Although parasites can cause itching, so can haemorrhoids; your doctor will be able to determine which of the two it is.

• Posted

doctors confirmed last year due to constant straining. also there will be no bulge then if I strain for too long a bulge pops out. almost balloons out. but yes they have been confirmed by a doctor. I am waiting to confirm. I will let you two know what was determined to be the case.

• Posted

Try a stool softener or lots of fruit to make stools easier to pass and prevent haemorrhoids.

• Posted

you just confirmed the theory or possibility.....thoose ballons are little hatchlings bro.... i know that as i had it 10 years a go. for 2 years...was worried to bits... it went in 2 weeks and no more aka hemeroids and itchy anus or any other symptoms...what i am describing so far match what you saying. here...again best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.