who else is a double bunion buddy?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am due to have a double bunion op.

Would very much like to hear peoples personal experiences.

Like how long did you wear the post op shoes?

What type of pain killers did you take?

How dependant were you on others?

thanks x

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Jessica. 6 week follow up next week. I still have the heel walking shoes. .....still mastering the velcro.... it keeps sticking to my socks while I aim not to hit my toes when taking them off. For first few weeks I was most scared of forgetting to put them on. Analgesia has been a cocodamol of a codine strength of 15. I am still learning what frequency is ok. But like most new things it becomes a learning curve. Ask questions and research. I wish I had found this sight preop. Regarding support. ..be open with yourself and others with the fact you will be sat with your legs elivated and a mind that will be bored. Have things and at hand and do trial runs of not being able to walk and using your toes for bslsnce and reaching to learn what kind of help you will need. If you have children then things csn be turned into games. Hope some of this helps.
    • Posted

Thanks Karen x

All the little bits on how you get around daily are a help.

Thank you for sharing x

You sound you are doing ok,with help from family and battling the boredom is a must!

Had my pre op today....scary as all the more real.

Hope your 6 week check up goes ok.

And the rest of your recovery!

I am on here reg reading the new forums x so prob speak again

• Posted

Hello Jessica. 6 week follow up today. All ok. Time to take the "shoes" off. Will miss the protection they gave my toes when I walked into things and they made good leg weights when stretching leg muscles etc laid on my back. Assured that my body will, in time, accept the pain and discomfort of the plate and pins. Informed that toe numbness and tingling is due to the stretching of the toes during surgery when they are straightened. Next hospital visi is in 3 months. So it will be up to GP to say when I go back to work. All the best for your surgery.
    • Posted

Hello Karen,

Sorry I have not replied for a long time! Have not been on this site for a while. Am back to life being in full motion. Had my double bunionsectomie with scaf and adkins on 17/04/15. Was back to work full time end july 15. Now I am doing an Access in Higher Education at college, and applied to uni for this september to do BSc in Occupational Therapy.

How are you and your feet now? Are you back to your usual activities?

Jess xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.