Who else think Pr is related to stress

Posted , 16 users are following.

I have PR at the moment and I got as I was going through a stressfull time anyone else develop it during or after a stressfull time of life?

Please comment

Thank You

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh yeah, without a doubt I think it's primarily related to stress. I don't think that's the only cause, but I think in the same way as cold sores, you are far more susceptable to PR when you're run down. I have had probably one of the most stressful years of my life, so I'm not surprised at all I got struck down with this virus..
  • Posted

I too am suffering from PR, and I agree with you about stress related, I havejust had the most stressful couple of months, I moved house and got married all at the same time, my Herald Patch appeared just before my wedding and when I got back from honeymoon the other spots appeared. I think I have another 5 weeks before they start to disappear. I've not had itching though, has anyone else had PR without itching?
  • Posted

Hi

I have Pr, just got diagnosed today, and wierdly I have had a very stressful month or so. Changed jobs and am in a training course which is very very hard work! Hope you all get better soon!

Von

• Posted

Hi, I've had this from a herald patch and the other marks have taken weeks to come out but I too am covered. I have had two chest infections - which I never normally get and numerous colds. The itching is awful I am an adult of 35 and it's taken two doctors to finally diagnose PR. It is stress related and sadly I feel having it makes me more stressful. I sympathise with you all and do think the vitamins are a good idea - the sunbeds probably not. Thank you for all the helpful advice I have sourced and get well soon all.
  • Posted

My GP diagnosed PR yesterday having thought 2 weeks ago it was Ringworm.

A week ago I was told I was under threat of redundancy, having gone though a long process of restructuring by my employer. It makes you wonder if the two are related.

At the moment the rash is still spreading rapidly. It's over my body and is going up my neck. I'm hoping it doesn't go onto my face. Yesterday the GP said it shouldn't but it was only up to my sholders then. :cry:

• Posted

I had been going through a stressfull time when the Herald Patch popped up, followed a few weeks later by a few more patches and I was diagnosed with ringworm, which they treated with a very strong antifungal cream to which I had an allergic reaction. This caused the rash to look even worse. They then diagnosed PR and I have watched over the weeks as new patches have popped up.

I am now 5 weeks in and the patches were beginning to fade, however, last week I had a really stressfull day at work and got a bit upset, two days later I had fresh outbreak.

So I'm pretty sure it's related to stress, so now I'm trying to keep relaxed, I could really do without getting anymore, it looks horrible as it is without adding more to it !!!!

• Posted

Marsha

Believe me the sunbed has been the first thing that has helped my rash which is fading very well within 4 weeks. But PR was getting me so down I had to do something drastic.I know what you mean about the sunbed I am not a fan of them normally. I have used the sunbed for 3 sessions of between 3 to 5 mins and if thats all it is gonna take for me which I hope it should then if I never have to go near one ever again then I don't think its such a risk to take. Think about it !!!

• Posted

I am just getting over the worst of a bout of PR. It has come at at time when I have lost three older members of my family over the last 10 months. I feel that my resistance to infection may have been low at this time. I have been eating less well and working as hard as normal so perhaps was a bit more run down than usual, as well as having emotional issues related to the loss of my relatives to deal with. THe itchyness was the most unpleasant aspect but the dead/dry skin spots/patches are more unsigthly now, especially at Christmas when wearing short sleaved dresses is out of the question. No one else in my immediate has had it, thank goodness, as my son is only 2 1/2 and it would have been a horrible experience for him. I definately think there could be some relationship with stress and this virus. Ella. smile
  • Posted

For me, life had also been extremely stressful before the occurrence of the disease - lost my job, moved house and had a bad disagreement with my sister who I had always been very close to. I thought it could not be worse. Although the doctors search for more concrete reasons, such as overuse of medications, or virus or bacteria.....They don't have a clue...
  • Posted

I too believe PR is partly related to stress. My spots broke out on the day my dad was taken into Intensive Care. That was a week ago and I'm sure this was the trigger.

This is the second time I've had PR. The last time was 3 years ago.

• Posted

I got diagnosed with PR today, after being told last week I had ringworm. I was on tablets for a week which made me horrible, headaches, dizziness, stuff like that.

I've just finished my GCSES, and I started developing the rash when I started my GCSES so I feel that stress could have something to do with it.

According to the doctor I've got another 2 weeks before it starts to fade sad

• Posted

It must be stress related. I have been under a lot of stress for the last two years. My husband left me alone with a sick new born. Well it all come to a peak two weeks ago. I had hurt my knee and found out that I needed surgery, then my employer laid me off because I did not meet the FMLA hours. Then my son got really sick again all most into the hospital for the 5th time. Then he got attacked by my mom's dog. Not to metion I had my first court date about child custody in a few days with my estrange husband. Well it started with one spot on my back, and as the stress went up so did the rash. I got it all over, even down to my hands and up my neck. I have been doning an herbal treatment I found off line. But I think the thing that is helping the most is an infrared sana that I have been going to. It draws out toxin, kills bateria and viral. I got really bad after my first two treatments. It was bringing it all out. But now in my 3rd week it seems to be drying out and getting better. I hope. I am trying to min my stress to help in not bring it out again.
  • Posted

Yes, I was going and still going through a stressful time in my life. I have had it for about 7weeks. It's in my hair and in my armpits. It started out on the tummy. I hope I don't get it on my face!!!! It is a really huge turn off for my husband. I think he is scared of me!
  • Posted

Without a doubt, I believe it is linked to stress. I've experienced multiple deaths of family and friends rather closely together, marital problems, the loss of a beloved pet, troubles at work,

financial caos, etc. I've tried to keep it together but I think my

Body is trying to tell me something.

• Posted

I had extremly stressful month , not much sleep. And have this thing since week sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.