Who else think Pr is related to stress

Posted , 16 users are following.

I have PR at the moment and I got as I was going through a stressfull time anyone else develop it during or after a stressfull time of life?

Please comment

Thank You

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My 5 1/2 year old has cyclic vomiting syndrome, thought to be a disorder of the autonomic nervous system. He can be triggered by intense stress or over-excitement. He has suffered for this from some time. Twice now his body has reacted to going through the stress of an episode (these episodes are a day or more of extreme lethargy, semi-catatonic state, violent vomiting and retching, a severe energy crisis) by breaking out in these pointy pimple like dots that I watch appear on his body. They fade over the second half of the day, but a few remain, always in his groin area, like where his pubes will be one day. They get bigger and bigger and scale over and have the reddish ring around it that is so often mistaken for ringworm. It took months the first time it happened (he was about 3 years old) and it is taking months for it to go away this time, too. I had a doctor misdiagnose him at 3 years old and another doctor this time concur with my opinion of the misdiagnosis, but scratch his head over what it could be. I search occasionally, trying to find an answer, and today I have finally found it! It is definitely pityriasis. How did you guys get diagnosed? Just by describing the symptoms and them looking at it?
  • Posted

I agree. Having very stressful time at the moment. My mental health and physical health doesn't seem to matter to council despite numerous accounts of evidence. From neighbours in block. Inn private houses and the police. Am logging and getting support from doctor. Keeping evidence of all visits and treatments.

• Posted

Hi,

Absolutely agree it's to do with stress. I had it through a really stressful time at work and home and work has gotten worse recently and I'm worried it is going to come back.

• Posted

Yes I agree I work in a nursery and we had started our Christmas Nativity and just before performance day I got PR.  Totally due to the stress I think.  Also the condition went away after the nativity was over and my stress level was  normal.
  • Posted

I have not been confirmed with this skin disorder however every aspect that I've read about points to it after a quick doctor appointment for something else I just barely showed him my skin and that's what he called it said there's no cure they don't know how you get it and the only thing that he knew have was a little bit of UV light I did read enough and bought a product called Prreeze.I was in constant extreme stress for the last 18 months that hasn't stopped but I got what I believe was the herald patch about 9 months ago and then a again 2-3 months later, then again 2-3 months later. Could that be my body having fought it off so hard that the entire rash did not happen at that point it happened maybe 6 months since the last Herald patch right after I did seem to get a small case of the flu at a very stressful time?? At first because I had a believed to b unfaithful mate and I wondered if he had given me something as these things were on my back? We reduced it to possibly being ringworm from jacuzzi tub: as my insurance had fallen through because the Marketplace sucks... I never got to have it checked at the time that they were open sores. I have since been continually stressed stressed with the aftermath of the break up with that person that gave me so much turmoil in my life as my father was passing a year ago and all his money embezzled away and my mage not showing any support and probably cheating. He had asked me not to work so I had no means to change some things around for myself so as being one giant stressed mess. I definitely relate this to STRESS; however I did get sick a week from stress in early June and noticed a faint peculiar underlying look to my skin on my abdomen about a week later now it has grown across my whole abdomen my back my shins especially which seems to be like a second wave of it as the other is lightning up .I'm lucky that it does not itch Very much. But it has ruined my summer and made me a thousand times more stressed out wondering could there be the chance that I had reason to believe the unfaithful scenario and being told at one time by him that he was very very sick and was told literally he needed to be in a hospital on IV with antibiotics but because he's a workaholic he chose to go get a shot every day for2 weeks, never telling me what he physically had!!! He was on 20 + medications for an eye surgery that had gone very bad for him, but I later found a medication that he had been taken for unknown period of time and for what I'm not sure whether it be the "very sick" that he spoke of or the an eye surgery that had gone very badly ! The med it's a sulfameth something but in reading about that it is used for urinary tract infections upper respiratory infections and two or three other things that I was never told and he never told me he had no sign of any of those, but also AIDS patients and the possibility of syphilis 4the stage. Ugh. I am not experiencing any symptoms of what I would think is that but this rash is annoying me badly, scary due to that cicumstance as well I now do not have insurance and it's been 2 months already. I'm very frustrated, looks bad, then worse and now you can see underlying blotchiness that may be another wave of it all through my arms and a tiny bit on my upper thighs. I ordered Prreze as I saw some people on different blogs noting that helped that hasn't helped so far...So HELP!! THANK YOU AND I HOPE YOU ALL FEEL BETTER AS WELL.

• Posted

Nene123, you have been going thro the mill,  my rash doesn't itch either and reading others they say the rash itches so then I worried that it may be something else, because I red it may be part of the herpes family I then bought Lysine which I'm now taking 2wks so far I don't expect miracles I waiting for the delivery of Prreze next week, to wake up and find another spot is stress in its self never mind lifes stress, I am drinking more also to relax myself but wondering if that is an issue.

you take care Nene123  we will chat soon

• Posted

morning, Stress yes I have been thinking on those lines as well, I have only just found this site so far it's a help to know I'm not the only one, I've had these stops for a year now not knowing what they were. more stress because not knowing and will they go away every time I look at myself in the mirror there's another one.

• Posted

I wondered the same thing.  I have had five months of a lot of high stress and about three months ago started getting the spots.    They have actually gotten worse in the last three weeks. I am well past the 8 week point.    How long has everyone had it for? When will they start going away? Did anybody get biopsies to see if this was what it is? 
  • Posted

I would agree with this statement. These past couple of months have been some of the most stressful I have gone through and is also when my pr began.
  • Posted

?Yes I agree PR stress has a lot to do with it I'v had PR for over 12mths plus, I envy people when I read it's going for them how ???

• Posted

Seems to definitely be stress related! Go the hearld spot 3 -4 days before my daughters wedding. Very stressful and emotional time. Broke out in rash a week and a half later. On my 3rd week and it seems to be fading slightly and no new spots. Did the tanning bed a couple time and woke up the next day to more spots. May have just been the timing but not sure that was helping. Used head and shoulders medicated as body was since i furst broke out and it seems to be working the best and really helps with the itching. Hoping it is going away soon! I feel for all of you and hope yoou are all better soon!
  • Posted

I absolutely believe it is stress related.  I have Nancy been working for 7 months.  I wasn’t worried at first because I had enough money in the bank to sustain myself while looking for a job but I have not been able to find anything and my money is running out.  I noticed the Herald patch last week on my bicep and now small patches are all over my torso, arms, and moving to my groin area.  I am extremely worried that I will run out of money and won’t be able to pay my mortgage, car, or any of my other bills.  This is not the first time I’ve had an outbreak. It happened with the same severity some years ago when I was preparing for a meeting at work that could make or break my job. I have also had other outbreaks when I’m stressed but not as bad.  For me, I guess the severity of the outbreak depends on severity of the stress.  All I know is when the stress is gone, the patches disappear.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.