WHO IS TAKING CYMBALTA -- TELL ME ABOUT IT.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi folks.  Within the next two months or so, I'm contemplating taking Cymbalta.  I am right now tappering off Remeron and not sure I want to go back on a SSNRI smilar to Remeron aka Mirtazapine.  Any input welcome.  Thanx.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

After 30 years of dealing with anxiety and panic attacks and many different medications I started taking Cymbalta in April 2015. Started with 30mg for 2 weeks then 60mg. Although I had some minor side effects I was free of panic attacks was able to enjoy life. The best part of all was that in April 2016 I stopped taking it. Only problem I had was a strange feeling in my head, like I was in a bubble. That only lasted about 3 days. For the first time in 30 years I have been off of all medication with NO panic attacks!!! I feel like my brain was reset. I kept waiting for them to return but it hasn't happened. I hope this can happen to others. It was the best thing ever for me.

• Posted

DO NOT take Cymbalta!! I have taken it for so long and really don't feel it's helped me that much. I am having the hardest time getting off it at the moment. It is hell. I have nausea, diarrhea, and horrible mood swings! Talk to your dr, about prescribing something better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.