who is taking valdoxan ??? please

Posted , 79 users are following.

I'm taking venlafaxine feel very ill on it I suffer Gad and deppresion I would like to try valdoxan will my gp change it ? I have awful side effects on venlafaxine had enough please any information on valdoxan would be massively appreciated thank you

3 likes, 234 replies

234 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi thanks for your reply I am now coming of mirtazipine it's not helping at so another waste of 6 months of my life not being able to enjoy it so I been back to doctors and yet another antidepressant this time duloxetine he says he can not prescribe me valdoxan and didn't have a clue about the drug 😔 so glad too here another success story I wonder if the drug is very expensive and that's why they won't prescribe it just got to hope this one will work I'm now suffering the horrors of withdrawal from mirtazipine all the best to you 💐
    • Posted

Hi there, I think its about £35-40 per month depending on dose. Gp's cant prescribe it in primary care unless its had  the go ahead from a psychiatrist in secondary care. Because of its price they have to try the cheaper drugs first. I dont know if you see a psychiatrist but if you don't please do because they can prescribe this. Keep going-youll get there x
    • Posted

Hello thank you for reply so it's what I thought I will keep trying but I don't think my doctor will send me to a psychiatrist even though I have seen them in the past I will keep trying though 😁
  • Posted

Hi guys and girls , I've been on Valdoxan

For close too 3 years , and going well .

If you have any questions or worries

Let me know , I can only explain my experience of course .

Sorry just not sure what to write as I've never been on a site like this before and

It feels weird to talk about myself , but if

Need any questions answered holla at me

• Posted

Hi this is the first one I was put on,

I think it's done wonders for me in regards to depression , the anxiety however takes a while to reduce as

It tends to lessen over time on valdoxan . My biggest piece of advice is don't drink alcohol and you'll notice it working more effectively , perhaps you could do to a different doc and ask for it , just say you know someone on it and you know it has barely any side effects

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply I think your right I need to see another doctor I was told by a pharmacist that they would not give it to me unless I have tried most other antidepressants...Well I have .

The fact there's hardly any side effects is a massive bonus I'm going to book another appointment 😁

• Posted

Hi, I was just wondering if you had any weight gain or weight loss.  Also loss of libido. That's any response would be most helpful 

Mandie

• Posted

I've just started on it and feeling good tad embarrassing but is it supposed to muck up menstural cycle?
    • Posted

Hello dear Joker, calling from London.  Was on 25mg now doctor upped to 50mg, how long before you felf benefit please? Brian
    • Posted

Hi th3Joker

Hope you are well.

I just got prescribed Valdoxan (for my depression, anxiety and sleepless nite ,etc )  and my Doc said take one in the morning but the pamphlet said to take on in the evening. Which instructions do I follow? Did you take yours in the morning or evening ? 

Thanks smile

sherene

• Posted

Can you not drink alcohol at all on it? I go out one night every weekend....
    • Posted

Im on valdoxan and i would stay away from alcohol. I once had a about 4 drinks on valdoxan and lets just say it didnt feel good. Its one of medications to aviod alcohol.
    • Posted

I started it on 11/11/16 and other than tiredness, I am getting on ok. My mood has definetly improved
    • Posted

Hi, we have had previous discussions.  I am just wondering how you are finding the agomelatine now?

i am of a mind to ask for it as my anxiety is no better.  It is more like agitation with no motivation.

if you know of any other websites I will look more details up.

• Posted

Yes I am finding it ok, hard to give a definet answer as in the midst of starting this, I came off an SSRI and reduced Lyrica so alot of stuff going on with me at present
    • Posted

Hi just noticed you are on valdoxan upping dose.  Can you tell me was it a success?  I am at wits end as others have made me quite ill.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.