whooshing in ear is driving me crazy!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

I have had whooshing in my ear also known as pulsatile tittinus (not sure on spelling). I went to the doctor about 10 days ago. I read online that it is usually caused by a blood flow problem. My doctor listened to my arteries in my neck and said everything sounds good. My blood pressure has been good as well. I am on a low dose BP med. Anyway I have freaked myself out thinking i have an aneurism or some other awful brain problem! I have to put on white noise at night because if gets loud when I lay down some nights and other nights its completely gone. Has anyone at all experienced this?? If so did you find out the cause?? Im 55 and 2 years post meno. Thankyou in advance.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.