whoosing sound in ear

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hey ladies i hope you are all well today.

does any of you have a whoosing sound in one ear. in the beginning it was a ringing sound and now it is whoosing. 

have a loveley day

thanks 

nonnie

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I was getting a whoosing sound but seemed I noticed it once I laid down to sleep (shoosh shoosh shoosh very rythmic) and it would drive me crazy! Went to doctor but she saw nothing abnormal. Fortunately, this is one of the symptoms I had that seems to have subsided since I started on iron supplements (also taking B complex). Something to consider.
    • Posted

Hi Mary

thanks for sharing ..

we all take the B6 and B12 or B complex... apart from the ladies with IBS as they cannot..

i swear by B Vits ... lucky i can tolerate them .. B6 is the most  essential in menopause and B12 ... a good mega B complex should have at least 100mg of B6 in it ... 

iron is okay in small doses, but damaging if not required..

i take the kelp supplement again now , iron bucked me up a few months agai, but i took it with caution and went back to my iodine of kelp that is also good for thyroid health too 

jay jay x

• Posted

As a long term tinnitus sufferer Nonnie, that whooshing can be tinnitus, look it up, you get lots of different noises, that's one.

Go on tinnitus site on here https://patient.info/forums/discuss/browse/tinnitus-2259 or Tinnitustalk.com that's an informative site solely dealing with tinnitus. Got 3 Drs with Tinnitus on the site. go check it out.

Mine drives me nuts, up and down B.......y hissing, Go get ENT check it out, your get hearing test done, I've had 3 over the past 8 years, got maskers last  Oct/Nov, just go check it out. Maybe something maybe nothing ears are funny things not to ignore.xxxx

• Posted

This is called tinnitus. If it is one sided, or associated with problems of balance you must see your doctor soon.
  • Posted

Hi Nonnie,

Yes, I get that too! I have had tinnitus for many years, in both ears, but not really troublesome - just there. However, in the last year or so I have been getting these odd whooshing sounds in my left ear only. It can be there for a week or so then it disappears for a while. One day it was so noisy, suddenly, as I bent forwards to pick something up, that I really thought a huge moth had got trapped in my hair by that ear! It was such a loud, vibrating, thrumming sound like moths make!

Last time I saw my doctor about my dodgy foot, I mentioned this weird sound sensation so he had a look and told me it was just a build-up of wax (I've had problems with wax before and had to have both ears syringed twice in recent years). He told me to put olive oil in it, but I've run out of it and only got sesame oil - and spray margerine!

I do get slight giddiness now and then, but it only lasts a split second. Also I get the tooth tenderness, more on the left than the right, like electric shocks when I bite something hard - though this has lessened since using Colgate Pro-enamel something-or-other that the dentist recommended (he said my teeth and jaws seemed fine).

Aaaaand - my neck has made crunching sounds for years (yuk!) but recently I have discovered that I can no longer look over my left shoulder. Years ago I regularly put a disc out in my neck, which had the same effect, but that always gave me a severe headache and nausea on the opposite side to the slipped disc. This was painless, unless I try and force it!

One more month til I'm 50 - and still regular as clockwork! I just crunch if I turn my head or bend my knees! Hellishly busy week and my period started yesterday - oh goody! Never mind - summer's back in England for a few days and we're off for a working weekend in Mid-Wales in a couple of days - beautiful scenery and lovely Welsh accents!

Noswaith dda!

• Posted

Forgot to say - I work at a laptop on a low table in front of me (if I plonked it on my lap I would doze off in minutes!) and I lean forwards towards it a lot - this often makes the whooshing a bit worse and it certainly doresn't do my neck or shoulders any favours!
  • Posted

Hi, Nonnie, yes I get that and sometimes ringing too. No-one has a clue what I am talking about but it happens most when I get out of the car after driving or being driven somewhere.

I thought it was just me but seems like it is another dreaded symptom. I must have had nearly every one. Really helps to hear someone else is experiencing this, although I wouldn't wish any of this on anyone. What can we do about it? Best regards.

• Posted

I get the same thing every night and u an only 24,I have tinnitus but I know this whooshing noise isn't the same thing. Whenever I get the sounds in my ear I shake my head just once quickly from left to right and seems to stop it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.