Why am I dizzy?!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi-I’m at a loss-I need advice/help. I’m not sure if I’m having anxiety or another issue. I’ve been dizzy going on a month. Like not vertigo dizzy, it’s in the background and I can function but it sucks. I’ve been to ent and allergy doc and they have found no issues. I’m really freaking out. I also get lightheaded at times. Does this happen to anyone else? Could it be from anxiety? My shrink thinks I’m having a lot of physical anxiety symptoms w this postpartum period (had a baby 12 weeks ago) but it just doesn’t seem right. Shrink also thinks it could be meds. I’m tapering off lexapro, 12.5-10 mg then to 5 mg and off. I’m also tapering off trazodone-50 mg to 25 mg. I take .5 mg of Ativan at night.i just started the lex taper three days ago and I reduced traz to 25 mg about 10 days ago. I’m cross tapering to Cymbalta, just started three days ago. My ent thinks it lexapro but it seems crazy to me that it could change. Thoughts?! Sorry this is long winded. 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was dizzy for quite a while give it time and it will probably go away, I was starting Lexapro, but I would think it would be the same if you were tapering off.  That's a lot of switching around for your body to get used to.  It took 2 months for me to get used to 5mg of Lexapro, it is a long process.

• Posted

Yeah. I was on 10 mg for about 9-10 months before it started but was pregnant most of that time. Maybe it’s combo of hormones and anxiety. I’m on 5 mg right now and stopping it fully this weekend. Scared. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.