Why and is this right

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm under investigation for fibro .yesterday I slept for 20 hours in all and today I got jaw acke and wrist pain plus back pain is this normal 1 would think with all that sleep I shouldn't be tired and be refreshed but I feel like sh*t

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'd love to sleep that long, I have fibromyalga and Chronic fatigue syndrome I only sleep for 2-3 hours a night and maybe a hour in the day if I'm not at work but I saw a new doctor and he's prescribed me melatonin which people use for jet lag! I'll let you know invite helps. He thinks if you sort the sleep out the pain won't be so bad xx
    • Posted

Dr. Barry Krakow has demonstrated that most insomnia is due to sleep disordered breathing.  Dr. Avram Gold has demonstrated that fibromyalgia gets better if you treat sleep disordered breathing.  Dr. Terence Davidson has written a brilliant paper detailing the changes in the human airway that allowed us to develop speech but which doomed humans as a rule to have sleep apnea.  Dr. Steven Park gives a great deal of information on his website about UARS or upper airway resistance syndrome which is not at all like sleep apnea and with which  you do not necessarily snore.  I myself did not think I had sleep apnea but I was wrong.  I was as sick as all of you, and I am not that sick anymore because I had surgery for my sleep apnea.  I am trying to help you and give you information so you can research this for yourself.  or you can keep listening to your clueless doctors.  I know how clueless they are because I'm a doctor myself. 
    • Posted

you make a lot of sense . and your very brave to admit your a doctor.

with they way some people feel about there treatment by them .

lack of sleep will lead to health problems its obvious . 

• Posted

well I am just as ticked off as the rest of you about the way I have been treated by doctors.  I am frustrated by the lack of critical thought and deductive reasoning that goes on, the going through the motions.  the difference for me is that I KNOW they are wrong, and I have the ability and the confidence to challenge them and to make the right thing happen for myself, to be persistent and demand the testing and treatment that I know I need.  I have figured out a great deal that is true, and I am just trying to share it here, to help all of you.

sleep deprivation is an issue, but the equivalent of being waterboarded for 1/3 of your life is the real problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.