Why are there new symptoms almost every day?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Honestly. It seems there is something new to worry about almost every day. and how on earth can one person experience such a multitude of these horrible symptoms all at once? Or at least all in one day? Gas, pain, headache, depression, worry, anxiety, little pains all over, tinnitus, plus more. How are we even surviving, ladies? I am so thankful for this forum. There is no one else I know that is experiencing this. It's comforting to know we are not alone.

3 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Melanie I SO needed to hear this today. I am in same boat and now I've had horrible tooth pain since xmas and been to like 7 people, dentists, endontists etc and NO ONE will help me and the last one was an ahole who charged me 100 bucks to say he couldn't help me and my bite was just messed up. I lost a tooth last year, cracked, which I think has made things worse and health and work stress has worsened my grinding at night and I read recently perimenopause causes tooth issues and worse teeth grinding. I've already had sleep issues. I just wanted to cry today after I wasted 100 dollars on yet another person to say I was too broken to fix and he didn't care.

• Posted

It's so frustrating!! 2 years ago something was bothering me-- they took an X-ray and it was nothing.. Well recently I had a crown put in thinking that was it from 2 years ago BUT I still feel the bothersome area.. UGH!!!!My guess is I'll need a crown on the tooth next to it in a year or two. I get anxiety just being at the dentist

• Posted

Thanks Kelly. I'm just in so much pain since xmas and they don't even seem to care. The dentists. I need help and feel like everything is going to shizit and can't find a good doctor. It is like one painful thing after another since peri. Ruptured cyst, hair shedding, weight gain/loss, sleep issues and no this mysterious tooth pain no dentist even pretends to care about. And I'm single working for a company that's worried about funding. You women are all I have 😦

• Posted

So sorry to hear this. My teeth as well are not great. one cracked not ling ago and i get pain in one that they can never find anything wrong with. Hang in there. There HAS GOT TO BE SOMEONE who will believe us and listen!

• Posted

knogin thwt ai wm noy wlon5 o r crazy makes me feel a bit better, thanks

• Edited

Yes to new things... I thought for some reason I would just coast along BUT nope it seems like problem after problem.. It's like someone has a curse on me..I have done well at getting appts done mammo, foot Dr., dentist, dermatologist etc.. Now something new just started.. a sharp pain on my right side by my hip and pelvic bone.. it's not cramps it's something different. Last night it woke me up and I felt it thruout the day some. I hope it goes a way soon cuz I don't need to worry about it. Ohhh and days before I felt a weird sensation on upper left breast-- not the palps this is different too. All I can do is laugh cuz I'm a mess...

• Edited

If we don't laugh, we'll cry and crying gives us headaches which we DO NOT need! I get those pains as well. Hang in there!

• Edited

Just want to say I AGREE...and this stinks! I want my old self back!

hang in there ladies...and thanks for the ongoing support and allowed venting on this board.

• Edited

Helloo my dear your not alone.

i donot have any ans for your q WHY..but yes i can say we r in same boat...every day new symptom..new problem..😭

Suffering from more than 2 years.

Head pressure

Dizziness

Headaches

Jelly legs

from long time but from last week suffering from stomach ache , neck pain, racing heart and gassy feel.

feel tired full day without doing anything much.

Home bound from last 2 years..left my job..No excitement for life .

Feel depressed and sad .

Donot know what going on with me..its not my old me ..my old me lost somewhere.

want to be normal again.

feel sad to see all my friends of my age r enjoying life..doing parties, shopping jobs ,outing and me 😭😭

Hang is there i can only say dear friend

waiting for better days

tk

• Edited

I can't believe how much I just don't wanna. I don't want to go out, even to get a coffee. I've lost myself too. I used to be so outgoing. Now, I just don't care. We need to hang in there!

• Edited

Me too with the going out, it's bad... It's nice that spouse goes mostly for the groceries but the times that I need to get something, I'm grumbling!! I do manage to drive to the pool which I don't mind but everything else is out the window.

• Posted

Hi, it is unbelievable how many symptoms we can suffer with.

I wasn't aware that all these things can happen during peri and menopause until I started reading up on it recently. I thought the menopause was just hot sweats and no more periods!

I have been 4 years with chest pains, heart flutters, air hunger, throat closing up (I even forget how to swallow!), tightness under my boobs and chest and constant headaches and aches and pains. I had so many tests that all came back normal so how could I feel like this and not have something wrong with me.

I have started taking some vitamins I am going to try HRT soon and hopefully it will relieve some of the symptoms.

Its not easy is it!

x

• Posted

Polly2020 - can you explain your throat closing up and forgetting how the swallow as ive been experiencing similar and its driving me insane. I have been going through this peri for at least 8 years and must have had every symptom possible, i think i'm going mad

• Edited

Yes it is unbelievable no one really talks about this publicly so I also thought menopause was just no periods, hot flashes and that's it. My mom claims she didn't even have those symptoms tho she has kids. I didn't even know there was a pre-hell called perimenopause! And doctors are clueless and treat me at least like it's all in my head, just anxiety, yet low progesterone and all the other health stuff, losing hair, pain etc causes the anxiety not being crazy!! I want to write an article about this but not sure what magazine will take it.

• Posted

Great idea! It needs to be heard. And it's not all in our head. Maybe if you have a local publication, try that first?

• Posted

hi Sakura - Have you tried going to a acupunturist or a massage therapist who specializes in cranial massage? it might offer you some relief - Nerve type pain is the worst! Hope you get some relief -

• Posted

Hi Debra, thanks for the suggestion. I did go to a chiropractor for a TMJ massage and adjustment that helped some but not for other stuff.

• Edited

You said a mouth full! I thought menopause was no periods (Yay) and a few hot flashes as well. I was fooled! It's a hellish experience. I rather have monthly periods than deal with this hormone bull crap! The symptoms come and go. I'm like the other ladies, I want the old me back and I want her to stay. This roller coaster ride is no fun and its exhausting. I continue to pray daily for all of us ladies experiencing this mess. Sending Prayers.

• Edited

Yes Crystal! And then I wonder if these women (like my mom) that say they had no issues are lying! How can the rest of us be in hell. I have been so anxious this week can hardly leave house. 😦

• Posted

I can relate. Started my period on Tuesday and the past 2 days have been very unpleasant.

• Posted

I think some woman r lucky ..donot have symptoms and other like up facing sooo many 😭😭

Every day new symptom

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.