Why can’t I be normal?

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello, I’m 41 and have been a drinker since my early 20’s. Over the last 10 yrs I’ve relied on alcohol more and more. I drink white wine. I’ve always been a shy girl so I feel drinking makes me more talkative, interesting etc if we’re out and about Or if I’m just out with a few friends.

My typical alcohol day is... pour a glass around time to do dinner so say 5pm/6pm. I pretty much drink between 1 and 2 bottles of white wine a night. Sometimes I stay up later than my husband just so I can get more in before bed 🙁

I watch what I eat through the day so I can have more wine and less calories with my food. I even exercise daily for long periods so I can get that wine into me. I don’t get drunk, I’m usually happy, very relaxed when I drink but I know it’s so bad for me. I have young children that I want to see grow up and get married, I’m scared I won’t see that happen but at the same time cannot quit my drinking. Many mornings before work I say to myself just 1 bottle tonight but always end up buying extra. 

I even suss out all the specials nowadays so I can get a $5 bottle so financially it doesn’t have an effect on our money. 

I enjoy having a drink but WISH I could open a bottle of an evening and only have say 2 glasses from it not polish off that bottle then decide to start on a 2nd. I know and admit I have a serious problem, my beautiful husband does too but doesn’t say much as he knows I’ll get upset and angry. I have a pretty much perfect life with hubby and kids, great job etc so just wish I could kick this 2 bottle rubbish and be happier and healthier ??

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You can and you should be normal! We are your supportive team! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.